Home
I have a Magnum Research 22 WMR and thinking about removing (cutting) the integral mounting rail. I hate the way the scope sits so high on the rail. By removing the integral mounting rail the scope would sit about 3/8" lower. Anyone go this route?

[Linked Image]
If you cut or grind the factory rail off, how are you going to mount the scope? Drill and tap the action?
Duct tape and superglue.

Project about complete.
LOL...we need pics...
I put a Pentax p223 on mind and it sits pretty good on it. I think I'd put a stock pad on before grinding the rail.
My Magnum Lite 22 WMR wears a trim little Leupold 3-9x33 that seems like a perfect fit. I agree on the stock pad if needed.
Funny, I had everything ready to begin surgery but when it came time to cut I had a last minute change of heart and decided against the procedure. I have no doubt it would have been a success and worked out fine but just did not want to alter the original design especially since I have been thinking of selling. It shot just fine with the Leupold 3-9x33 (w/CDS) but nevertheless disliked the look.

Will likely be sending to the classifieds in the near future.
These are fantastic shooters as is. I wouldn't alter anything. Mine wears a Bushnell crossbow scope.
Changed my mind AGAIN on selling this one. Its been a love/hate relationship for a few years now so better just accept the fact that is stays with the others. BTW, back at the smith AGAIN to polish the chamber this go-around.
I like mine.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I like that big blue box.
© 24hourcampfire