Home
Posted By: 7887mm08 tikka rimfire - 01/04/18
Just read that Tikka is coming out with a new rimfire.
Tx1 22lr & 17hmr
10 round magazine
Posted over on "accurate shooter"
I know I want one! $499 msrp!
Posted By: ring3 Re: tikka rimfire - 01/05/18
Saw it posted over on rimfire central. Seems interesting. Looking forward to more info.
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: tikka rimfire - 01/05/18
I would welcome a rimfire from Tika based on their centerfire rifle quality. Hope it matches accuracy of their big brothers.
Posted By: jk16 Re: tikka rimfire - 01/05/18
For that kind of $$ it will be interesting to be see how many corners get cut as opposed to say a Sako Finnfire ll.

It will be fun to see and shoot one down the road..

Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: tikka rimfire - 01/05/18
Could someone put up a link to those posts on the other web sites?
Posted By: skeen Re: tikka rimfire - 01/05/18
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Could someone put up a link to those posts on the other web sites?

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10182154

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: tikka rimfire - 01/05/18
Mucho garcia! Looks pretty slick.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: dave284 Re: tikka rimfire - 01/05/18
I hope they make it better looking than the centerfires. smile
Posted By: dave284 Re: tikka rimfire - 01/05/18
Well, hell! They didn't.
Posted By: jk16 Re: tikka rimfire - 01/05/18
Originally Posted by dave284
Well, hell! They didn't.

Can't have everything Dave..Kimbers were pretty but never cheap. I'd bet the new Tikka shoots rings around most of them ,too.

Beautiful, accurate and cheap has never really existed all together in most rifles.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: tikka rimfire - 01/05/18
Originally Posted by jk16
Originally Posted by dave284
Well, hell! They didn't.

. I'd bet the new Tikka shoots rings around most of them ,too.

I am pretty sure you don't want that.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: tikka rimfire - 01/05/18
The Tikka is indeed ugly. I have never let that keep me from buying a gun though. I have several Savages. Like most of you, I suspect it'll be well-built and accurate. Street prices will be in the mid-400's. That puts it in direct competition with the revered CZ rimfires. If I were starting out in rimfires, I might try one. I am about maxed out on rimfires right now though. Savage and Ruger Americans have a very good reputation for accuracy. They can be had for $150-$200 less and they are equally ugly.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: tikka rimfire - 01/05/18

I likee......

be anxious to see one in person

[Linked Image]
Posted By: drover Re: tikka rimfire - 01/05/18
Given my satisfaction with Tikka T3's and 595's I can see one of these in my near future.

drover
Posted By: WiFowler Re: tikka rimfire - 01/05/18
I'm not gonna hold my breathe. Beretta USA, imprters of Sako and Tikka have been known to pull some bone-head maneuvers, choosing to let in-demand rifles remain overseas or abroad, and importing some morphadites. Tikka T3 Sporter, the pumpkin colored, laminated stock gun, comes to mind first.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: tikka rimfire - 01/05/18
I'm pretty stoked about them. Bet it shoots......
Posted By: River_Ridge Re: tikka rimfire - 01/05/18
I just got an email from Whittakers about both of them today.

https://shop.whittakerguns.com/product/1801051056096

https://shop.whittakerguns.com/product/1801051056111
Posted By: OlongJohnson Re: tikka rimfire - 01/05/18
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...tikka-t1x-rimfire-pre-order#Post12524071

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/12522259/1
Posted By: Higginez Re: tikka rimfire - 01/05/18
Holy schidt it's threaded!!!!

Can't believe any of you guys would want one with factory threads on the end....

What if they aren't completely concentric with the bore?

Why would anyone want a threaded barrel on such a light gun?

.22's are already so quiet, why would you want to add the weight of a can?

Are there any 34mm rings available?
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: tikka rimfire - 01/06/18
Originally Posted by Higbean
... .22's are already so quiet, why would you want to add the weight of a can? ...

(1) - Because I'm lazy. I like shooting all of the squirrels I want to shoot (generally 2 or 3) all from one sit... Eley Subsonic HP's or GemTech Subsonics... Not Hollywood "mouse fart" quiet. But quiet enough that they don't generally scare the other squirrels out of a tree.

(2) - Shooting a suppressed .22 rifle is an excellent way to start new shooters.

(3) - It's fun...
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: tikka rimfire - 01/06/18
Hmmmm, I really don't NEED another .22 rimfire. I have two CZs, two RARs and a 10/22 that's pretty decent as-is (DSP with some nice things added), and a raft of others that have sentimental value.

What the hell would I do with another one??

It's a good thing I live only a couple hours from Whittaker's, so I can ride down there when they come in, and paw through them, to see if one calls my name.

Dammit.
Posted By: 79inpa Re: tikka rimfire - 01/06/18
I wonder if this gun will be most accurate with match ammo or the high velocity rimfire ammo.
Posted By: jk16 Re: tikka rimfire - 01/06/18
Originally Posted by 79inpa
I wonder if this gun will be most accurate with match ammo or the high velocity rimfire ammo.

Only the gun can answer that question every individual rimfire rifle is a law unto itself.

Most rifles shoot their absolute best with standard velocity stuff but I have seen some that shot HV ammo darned accurately- even CCI Stingers (which rarely shoot accurately in most guns).
Posted By: 79inpa Re: tikka rimfire - 01/06/18
I've seen a few do pretty well with Winchester powerpoints
40 grainers
Posted By: 79inpa Re: tikka rimfire - 01/07/18
will these eventually be brought into America in large quantities or is this the only time to get one?
Posted By: jk16 Re: tikka rimfire - 01/07/18
Originally Posted by 79inpa
will these eventually be brought into America in large quantities or is this the only time to get one?

Its going to be a standard model for Tikka.. I sincerely doubt it is a one time deal.
Posted By: WiFowler Re: tikka rimfire - 01/08/18
Originally Posted by WiFowler
I'm not gonna hold my breathe. Beretta USA, imprters of Sako and Tikka have been known to pull some bone-head maneuvers, choosing to let in-demand rifles remain overseas or abroad, and importing some morphadites. Tikka T3 Sporter, the pumpkin colored, laminated stock gun, comes to mind first.

I stand corrected.
Posted By: Owl Re: tikka rimfire - 01/24/18
I've placed some money down on one. Due to be shipped in April or May.
Posted By: Higginez Re: tikka rimfire - 01/25/18
Saw these at Shot today. Same inlet top and bottom as T3x. Bolt knob has an allen screw through it so will change out easily. 17hmr as well. Should be a great platform! Holding out for stainless.
Posted By: drover Re: tikka rimfire - 01/25/18
Saw these at Shot today. Same inlet top and bottom as T3x. Bolt knob has an allen screw through it so will change out easily. 17hmr as well. Should be a great platform! Holding out for stainless.

Is the action length the same as the T-3 ? iIt is hard to tell from the pics, if so that is a lot of action length for a rimfire.

drover
Posted By: Higginez Re: tikka rimfire - 01/25/18
The action continues along under the shank of the bbl in order to utilize the front action screw. Action is as short as any other .22lr.
Posted By: jk16 Re: tikka rimfire - 01/25/18
Originally Posted by drover

Is the action length the same as the T-3 ? iIt is hard to tell from the pics, if so that is a lot of action length for a rimfire.

drover

The action on the rifle shown in the press pics is CONSIDERABLY shorter than a T3x action. In fact ,the action looks to be the same length as a Finnfire or Quad. Which makes sense being they are rimfires.

But ,as Higbean mentioned, there is an extension to the front reciever ring that continues under the barrel to allow the short rimfire action to use the standard Tikka T3X action inlet...See pic below-

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Vasquez956 Re: tikka rimfire - 01/25/18

Someone asked them about a stainless version at shot show and the Tikka reps said they had no plans for a stainless version.
Posted By: drover Re: tikka rimfire - 01/25/18
The action continues along under the shank of the bbl in order to utilize the front action screw. Action is as short as any other .22lr.

OK. This and the picture from jk16 settles it, I am ordering one today.

Thanks for the info guys, I appreciate it.

drover
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: tikka rimfire - 01/25/18
From the rimfire pre-order thread.

Posted By: drover Re: tikka rimfire - 01/26/18
I put a deposit on a 22 LR. Nothing to do now except wait.

I see that they are down to 109.

drover
Posted By: Gus Re: tikka rimfire - 01/26/18
Originally Posted by Vasquez956

Someone asked them about a stainless version at shot show and the Tikka reps said they had no plans for a stainless version.

it is hoped a left-handed version of blue & synthetic comes along soon?
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: tikka rimfire - 01/27/18
Originally Posted by drover

OK. This and the picture from jk16 settles it, I am ordering one today.

Thanks for the info guys, I appreciate it.

drover

I am really looking forward to seeing how these perform. I doubt you'll be disappointed.
Posted By: Jerseyboy Re: tikka rimfire - 01/27/18
I want one....
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: tikka rimfire - 01/27/18
Originally Posted by Jerseyboy
I want one....

It's as easy as following the link in the sticky at the top of this forum.
Posted By: rifletom Re: tikka rimfire - 02/09/18
Yeah, this looks to be a mighty nice rimfire. Thinking they won't take much shaking out. Very nice.
Hmm, Tikka T1x or CZ 455 TR? Hmm.
Posted By: Higginez Re: tikka rimfire - 03/01/18
Anybody get one yet?
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: tikka rimfire - 03/01/18
Anybody get one yet?

Ordered one up a couple days ago...Gun buddy said May sometime per his distributor.
Posted By: Higginez Re: tikka rimfire - 03/01/18
I thought I saw a bunch in stock ay Whittakers.

Might have been seeing things....
Posted By: swampkid Re: tikka rimfire - 03/10/18
If they shoot good at that price,they will go over big time.
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: tikka rimfire - 03/11/18
I thought I saw a bunch in stock ay Whittakers.

Might have been seeing things....

You WERE seeing things, they are taking orders pre-delivery, though.
© 24hourcampfire