Home
Posted By: jeeper Receiver sight for Win 69 - 02/11/18

Looking to find Lyman , Williams or similar receiver sight for Winchester Model 69,, Which if any of the receiver sights for other models will fit the M 69 ? Will sight for M 75 fit 69 ?
Posted By: 3Dub Re: Receiver sight for Win 69 - 02/13/18
Do you have a Winchester 69 or a 69A? Winchester 69s were not drilled and tapped from the factory for receiver sights mounted on the side. Some Winchester 69As were drilled and tapped for side-mount peep sights.

Winchester 69As that were drilled and tapped for side-mount peep sights came in two varieties: those D/Ted for the Winchester 80A rear sight and those D/Ted for the Lyman 57E (or later 57EW) sight.
The Lyman 57E/57ES used on the Winchester 75 will also fit the Winchester 69As with the full-round receiver. The Lyman 57E/ES will not fit the 69As that have the flat on the left side of the receiver; for that you need a Lyman 57EF (hard to find).
Posted By: jeeper Re: Receiver sight for Win 69 - 02/13/18
Originally Posted by 3Dub
Do you have a Winchester 69 or a 69A? Winchester 69s were not drilled and tapped from the factory for receiver sights mounted on the side. Some Winchester 69As were drilled and tapped for side-mount peep sights.

Winchester 69As that were drilled and tapped for side-mount peep sights came in two varieties: those D/Ted for the Winchester 80A rear sight and those D/Ted for the Lyman 57E (or later 57EW) sight.
The Lyman 57E/57ES used on the Winchester 75 will also fit the Winchester 69As with the full-round receiver. The Lyman 57E/ES will not fit the 69As that have the flat on the left side of the receiver; for that you need a Lyman 57EF (hard to find).

I have a 69A round receiver. Some good info there. Thanks 3Dub.
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Receiver sight for Win 69 - 02/20/18
I have a number of Win 69as and Win 75s and except for the stock and the price, there is not much difference.

In 2014 I got a Win 75 sporter made in 1941 with a Lyman 57 rear peep sight with parts missing.

I called up Lyman 860 632 2020.
The woman figured out that I could not understand their diagram.... sent me the parts for free.... I think I got a senior discount. ...err maybe a senior moment discount.
© 24hourcampfire