Home
Posted By: OSU_Sig Vudoo Sinister - 11/02/18

A LH Sinister has come to live with me. I'll take it out tomorrow or Saturday to warm it up.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: mooshoo Re: Vudoo Sinister - 11/02/18
looks good
Posted By: Tom264 Re: Vudoo Sinister - 11/02/18
Nice looking.
Posted By: Certifiable Re: Vudoo Sinister - 11/02/18
Nice job sig..I rekkon you’re gonna love it
Posted By: SDWhirlwind Re: Vudoo Sinister - 11/02/18
Aren't they a piece of work? Mike B sure designed, engineered and produced an outstanding winner to the bolt gun rimfire market. His attention to detail of adding many small details into one is what makes it so unique. Hell of a mind and hell of a person with a big heart!!!!! Thank You Mike B. for your outstanding contribution!
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Vudoo Sinister - 11/02/18
Thanks all. I'm looking forward to spending a lot of time behind it. I am very impressed with the fit, finish and attention to detail on this rifle.
Posted By: 30338 Re: Vudoo Sinister - 11/02/18
What was the turn time on it? Looks great.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Vudoo Sinister - 11/02/18
I'm jealous, great looking rifle. Thinking if I'd spring for one, the Sinister would be it.

Which barrel contour & length? And.... the bolt knob looks different from their offerings?
Posted By: rj112275 Re: Vudoo Sinister - 11/02/18
About 8 weeks turn around. Worth the wait. I wanted one to match my Bergara 308. 18” Kukri contour here

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Here are my specs:

-Black Cerekote
-18” specter contour, threaded 1/2x28
-20 MOA base
-Desert Camo stock
-2 extra magazines
The bolt knob is the larger one than what is shown online but is offered by Vudoo.
Very well done, rj!
Posted By: cedarbreaker Re: Vudoo Sinister - 11/06/18
If you don't mind me asking, who's barrels does Vudoo use on their builds?

Dave
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Vudoo Sinister - 11/06/18
I don't mind you asking but I'm not sure I can recall off the top of my head. I'm sure a visit to their website might solve this mystery.
Posted By: cedarbreaker Re: Vudoo Sinister - 11/06/18
I did check their site several days ago. May have overlooked it but did not see it. No problem, thought someone here might know.

Thanks
Dave
Posted By: rj112275 Re: Vudoo Sinister - 11/06/18
I believe they do their own barrels, and call it an ACE barrel, or you can order a Bartlein also. Mine is the Vudoo factory ACE. Shoots great.
Posted By: rj112275 Re: Vudoo Sinister - 11/06/18
What barrel makes are available?
We primarily use our own Vudoo barrel we call the Ace, however we stock Bartlein and Krieger too. We are working with other manufactures too, such as Proof Research and will make an announcement as it and others are available.

Off their webpage
The only thing I saw is that they use premium barrels from the top barrel makers. That may have changed and they brought their barrels in-house but I would be surprised if they can do better barrels than the alpha barrel makers. I'll call them this week and inquire.
I spoke with Vudoo this afternoon and it was confirmed their barrels are made by a company called "Ace Barrels". It's a small boutique operation out of the Seattle, WA area. I was told they consistently outshoot the other major barrels they tested (Bartlein, Kreiger among others) and they are very pleased with the performance this barrel provides.
Posted By: deflave Re: Vudoo Sinister - 11/07/18
What does that sinister weigh?
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Vudoo Sinister - 11/07/18
7 lbs
naked weight
Posted By: Rolltide Re: Vudoo Sinister - 11/08/18
I really like that rifle!
Posted By: deflave Re: Vudoo Sinister - 11/08/18
Thanks.
Posted By: thomasconnor Re: Vudoo Sinister - 11/16/18
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

A LH Sinister has come to live with me. I'll take it out tomorrow or Saturday to warm it up.

[Linked Image]

What caliber is it? .308?
Posted By: FAIR_CHASE Re: Vudoo Sinister - 11/16/18
Originally Posted by thomasconnor
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

[Linked Image]

What caliber is it? .308?

I thinks it's a .803.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Vudoo Sinister - 11/16/18
22 LR
Posted By: thomasconnor Re: Vudoo Sinister - 11/16/18
So is that a 50 round magazine? How does it work?
Posted By: deflave Re: Vudoo Sinister - 11/16/18
Thomas,

They look like this:

https://www.vudoogunworks.com/product/vudoo-v2210-magazine/
Posted By: Certifiable Re: Vudoo Sinister - 11/16/18
Flave, You gonna make a move?
Don’t fight the feelin....
Posted By: deflave Re: Vudoo Sinister - 11/16/18
Actually yes. These are at the top of my radar right now. I'm just waiting to sell some property up north then my gun funds will flow once more.

But I'm still without an Anschutz. What say you comparing the two?
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Vudoo Sinister - 11/16/18
I've only got a coupla Vudoo's,both 18" Bart' a Kukri and a Specter. If/when Paul goes 17 Hummer,I'll go Ranch there,at like length(I already have a LW Clark Custom 77/22 18" Hummer).

Have a few Sinister-esque platforms and Vudoo is 2nd from bottom: 6BR,223,Vudoo,223AI

[Linked Image]

I like the blueprint and it plays nice with my 21" Heavy 6BR.

[Linked Image]

The Specter Old Glory Classic sees more trigger time,of course. Lighter and righter,is a better Utilitarian blueprint. Hint.

[Linked Image]

Have killed alotta clay birds at the 500yd line and beyond with Old Glory and a 6x MQ,wearing 60MOA inclination(Kukri do too). MUCH prefer the 75MOA Bob rails on my Anschutzeses(grants 40 Mils of erector travel,after a 50yd zero),as a means of adding inclination...but Paul ain't cranking out that much yet.

Vudoo Precision,is simply fhuqking incredible,when factored in extrapolation to KNOWED quantities. Hint.

[Linked Image]

Vudoo feed/function is sensational and less projectile deformation...which obviously do not hurt Accuracy or Precision.

Vudoo Feed/Function RINK

Anschutz mags suck heavy ass,whether 22LR,Baby 17,Hummer or 22 Mag. BT/DT and have all the T-shirts.

The Vudoo simply operates in a realm above ALL others and it ain't even fhuqking close.

Hint.

Nightfarce don't have nearly enough erector travel,to do a Vudoo justice.

Re-hint.

You've been led to water.

Thank me later...................................
Posted By: David_Walter Re: Vudoo Sinister - 11/16/18
What brand and specific load of 22LR ammo are you shooting out of your Voodoos?
Posted By: deflave Re: Vudoo Sinister - 11/17/18
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Anschutz mags suck heavy ass,whether 22LR,Baby 17,Hummer or 22 Mag. BT/DT and have all the T-shirts.

Thank me later...................................

Good to know.
Posted By: rj112275 Re: Vudoo Sinister - 11/17/18
David, I would start with SK Match and Lapua Center-X. It’s worked well for me. Other ammo works fine, but more flyers, so not as pretty as the one hole groups.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Vudoo Sinister - 11/17/18
Originally Posted by rj112275
David, I would start with SK Match and Lapua Center-X. It’s worked well for me. Other ammo works fine, but more flyers, so not as pretty as the one hole groups.

One hole groups at what distance ?
Posted By: rj112275 Re: Vudoo Sinister - 11/17/18
50 yards. That’s my zero. I haven’t been as patient at 100 yards. Still going thru several other brands like Eley, Biathalon...

They are not the exact same hole groups, but I’m not the best shot. Shooting touching groups of 0.4-0.5” groups at 50 yards has been pretty easy with the Vudoo. 25 yards makes same hole groups very easy, but I don’t shoot that distance much.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Vudoo Sinister - 11/20/18
David,

I nabbed 20,000rds of like Lot numbered Federal AE 40gr Solids and drive it expressly in the Vudoo(s). Have had alotta "luck" with it in a goodly sized Herd of Anschutzeses and it plays nice in a Herd of Custom 10/22's as well. I've certainly spent more and received less. ES/SD is suplizingly consistent and it plays well to the 700yd+ line. It do nice thangs in S&W 41's,22/45's,my Marvel Unit One Conversions and 2206/422's,as well.

Will it take Olympic Gold? Nope. Is it in hand and ready to roll,while affording the warm/fuzzy? Yep.

LOVE the stuff and it's THE Sleeper,amongst Sleepers.

Hint............................

'Flave,

A Ruger Rotary has no equal for ergo's and rugged reliability,but they are prone to a goodly amount of deformation,whether turnbolted or selfshucked and especially in 22LR.

The Anschutz mags are truly Goat Fhuqks and pale in comparison to both Vudoo and Ruger feed systems,regarding both reliability and robustitude. They are tender fickle bitches,as a best case scenario...and I am into flogging on schit without mercy or concern. The Vudoo simply fhuqking RULES,less anything coming near it's excellence.

Just fhuqking do it and you will never look back with regret.

6x MQ for Utility,10x MQ for Play and try to get 75MOA of inclination added to the fray. I heard Paul may make some 1913 rails with greater than 30MOA,which would be GREAT fhuqking news.

EVERYTHING on the erector below a 50yd zero,is 100% fhuqking USELESS.

Hint......................

'mike,

I've shot piles and piles of 100yd Vudoo groups in the .3's.

They are fhuqking TOUGH and offer a level of Precision and Accuracy,which simply must be witnessed...to be fully appreciated. I've a "few" Skookum 22LR's to extrapolate.(grin) Hint.

Server is slow,or I'd sprinkle Splendid Pixels.

Nothing is more fun,than 500yd+++ 22LR pursuits,nor is there a better way to learn the nuances of Atmospherics.

Hint............................
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Vudoo Sinister - 11/20/18
I believe the 40 MOA rail is now available.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Vudoo Sinister - 11/21/18
Its a happy day at the Sig castle...My Silencerco Sparrow suppressor came to live here. It had been in purgatory since late March. Can't wait to introduce it to the Sinister.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Vudoo Sinister - 12/03/18
40 MO/MO's would be nice.

Both of mine would swing the 80 MOA total inclination,with 50yd zero's.....................
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Vudoo Sinister - 12/03/18
May have to change my 20 to a 40.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Vudoo Sinister - 12/03/18
I'm driving a total of 70 MO/MO's on both of mine and want more. My Anschutzeses wearing Bob's 75MOA rails,simply have the mechanical advantage.

I'd LOVE some 80 MOA rails,expressly for Fixed Fhuqkers...if only because they've the most erector travel,to connect them dots......................
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Vudoo Sinister - 12/03/18
what optics are you running on your Vudoo?
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Vudoo Sinister - 12/04/18
6x MQ and 10x MQ.

10x.

[Linked Image]

6x.

[Linked Image]

Nothing else,can hang.

Hint.................
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Vudoo Sinister - 12/04/18
Thanks.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Vudoo Sinister - 12/04/18
It's nice to have 40 Mils remaining on the erector....................
Posted By: mibowhunter Re: Vudoo Sinister - 12/05/18
WOW! That Vudoo is some fine looking stuff !

I had no idea about them. Drooln.....
Posted By: Rolltide Re: Vudoo Sinister - 12/09/18
Originally Posted by mibowhunter
WOW! That Vudoo is some fine looking stuff !

I had no idea about them. Drooln.....

They really do live up to all of the hype...
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Vudoo Sinister - 12/12/18
Just ordered a barreled action. Specter 18". They said 7-8 weeks.

I already have a Manners EH4 and DBM metal for it. And have a trigger coming to me now.

Will wear a SWFA 6x, of course!
Posted By: robertham1 Re: Vudoo Sinister - 12/12/18
Doubt you’ll be disappointed.

Which barrel did you go with?
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Vudoo Sinister - 12/12/18
Specter contour. 18".
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Vudoo Sinister - 12/13/18
That's great news 257! I love mine.
Posted By: robertham1 Re: Vudoo Sinister - 12/13/18
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Just ordered a barreled action. Specter 18". They said 7-8 weeks.

I already have a Manners EH4 and DBM metal for it. And have a trigger coming to me now.

Will wear a SWFA 6x, of course!

Sorry, I meant which barrel manufacturer.
Originally Posted by robertham1
Sorry, I meant which barrel manufacturer.

From their website:
"We primarily use our own Vudoo barrel we call the Ace, however we stock Bartlein and Krieger too. We are working with other manufactures too, such as Proof Research and will make an announcement as it and others are available."
Posted By: robertham1 Re: Vudoo Sinister - 12/13/18
I’m not asking the correct questions.

Of the barrel makers vudoo stocks, which barrel manufacturer did you choose?

Mine has a MTU contoured ACE.
Sorry. I was trying to be helpful but it didn't work out. I will let 257 answer the question.

If you're wondering, mine is an Ace.
Posted By: rj112275 Re: Vudoo Sinister - 12/13/18
Kukri contour, 18” ACE barrel here also.
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Vudoo Sinister - 12/13/18
I didn't specify another barrel maker other than the ACE's that they normally use. I believe the ACE is good enough for me. Cut-rifled, lapped. Should be a winner!
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Vudoo Sinister - 12/13/18
I SPECIFIED Bart'.

Twice.(grin)

Hint.......................
Posted By: Certifiable Re: Vudoo Sinister - 12/13/18
Stick, spoke to those cats today and they said first half of next year for hummers. Wouldn’t take my deposit wink
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Vudoo Sinister - 12/13/18
I reckon hands are full...keeping the 22LR orders fulfilled.

More than a few pards,will be buying Vudoo Hummers too......................
Posted By: swampkid Re: Vudoo Sinister - 12/14/18
Has there been any word on an 17WSM build in Vudoo Action.
Posted By: Certifiable Re: Vudoo Sinister - 12/14/18
Originally Posted by swampkid

From what I was able to glean, hummer is the next step. Never know tho and those cats will be happy to field any/all questions
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Vudoo Sinister - 12/14/18
Still Whizzum WISHING too......................(grin)
Posted By: deflave Re: Vudoo Sinister - 12/16/18
Originally Posted by Certifiable

From what I was able to glean, hummer is the next step. Never know tho and those cats will be happy to field any/all questions

Do you honestly think the WSM build is feasible?

Based on what I've read the sales for that cartridge are low, low, low.

Honest question. I'm happy to be wrong.
Posted By: Certifiable Re: Vudoo Sinister - 12/16/18
I don’t think so, no.
To be honest with the success they seem to be having with the .22LR I somewhat expected a “we ain’t got time for that sheeit” when I asked about the HMR..
That’s my opinion only and they seem to keep it pushing pretty good over there so I could be dead wrong.

Did you order a .22 yet?
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Vudoo Sinister - 12/16/18
IF they choose to add another caliber to their lineup, I expect it would be the HMR and not the WSM, due to level of popularity.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Vudoo Sinister - 12/16/18
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Certifiable

Do you honestly think the WSM build is feasible?

Based on what I've read the sales for that cartridge are low, low, low.

Honest question. I'm happy to be wrong.

The Whizzum's weakest link,is that by and large,only Dog Schit Rifles are chambered in it. The Ruger 77/17's are absolute HAMMER's. A RAR chambered same and in S/S,would FLY offa shelves.

I'd LOVE a Vudoo so chambered

Hint..................
If Vudoo made one, it would immediately legitimize the round and insure its long life. What are your thoughts on comparing the WSM to the Hornet?
I do love me some Hornet/K-Hornet...but the Whizzum is just plain handy and cheaper than schit to shoot.

It is a cryin' shame,that the Whizzum is sooooooooo maligned,by the schit rifles crafted to support it,because it is a sensational chambering...........................
I'm going to spend some time with the Encore rifle when it comes in. I presume all the WSM ammo shoots well?
Grab a 77/17 Whizzum,chop it at 20" and live a little.

[Linked Image]

Hint........................
Now you sort of have me looking at the WSM in a new light.
The ammo isn't the weak link,as Accuracy and Precision are easily there,along with nice ES/SD values...all things considered.

Mike Garrow is working on building uppers in Whizzum and I'll grab one,to compliment my Hummer uppers from him...........................
Your thoughts on a 77/17WSM with a 20'' bbl. Not SST but that can be corrected with cerakoting. New rifle shipped in for less than $750. Good, bad or meh...
If it ain't S/S...it's of zero interest to me.

Get the REAL thing......................
Posted By: swampkid Re: Vudoo Sinister - 12/16/18
I was just on Rugers website and they have a 17WSM with a 18.5" SS barrel that looks real sweet.What is the story on after market triggers for the 77 rifles?
I tend to stone/polish and either nip a coil or re-spring...though I have lots of RB'd and DT'd Rugers in K-Hornet/Rimfire..........................
© 24hourcampfire