Home
Posted By: Pharmseller Tikka T1x Accuracy Report - 11/18/18
I put my T1x .17 HMR together Thursday after a patient 10-month wait. Talley rimfire 11mm dovetail lows, Leupold VX2 3-9x40 CDS, Hornady 17 grain V-Max. I set up a half-assed range in the back yard, turned out to be 60 yards, so keep that in mind.

Still, I think this dog will hunt.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I shot a few more, all consistently dime sized.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I’m looking forward to a structured range session where I can sight her in at 100, then see what she’ll do at 200.

P
Nice. I’d be happy with that. How many rounds? Clean at all?

I picked up a couple boxes of CCI 17gr, Hornady 17gr, and Hornady 20gr. Will see if it likes one over the other.
Pharmseller, can you tell a poor easterner how do you pronounce Willamette? Is it Will-om-ett or something different?

Jim
Give the A17 ammo a try. I found that it shoots a bit better in my Volquartsen compared to the hornady 17gr vmax and has 2-3" less drop at 200yds.
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
Pharmseller, can you tell a poor easterner how do you pronounce Willamette? Is it Will-om-ett or something different?

Jim

Will-Lam-ette or Willem-ette are what ya hear most often.

Jim

will-LAM-et

Like going on the lam. Or for those from Montana, like lamb, your girlfriend’s child.

P
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Nice. I’d be happy with that. How many rounds? Clean at all?

I picked up a couple boxes of CCI 17gr, Hornady 17gr, and Hornady 20gr. Will see if it likes one over the other.

Total of 35, I didn’t have much time. No cleaning beforehand, but I did adjust the trigger when I mounted the scope.

P
Posted By: unahunt Re: Tikka T1x Accuracy Report - 11/18/18
I mounted a new elite 4200 that was collecting dust, new leupold bases & med rings, Hornady .17gr ammo and zeroed for 75yds. five shot groups you can cover with a dime all day long. I cleaned the barrel well and set trigger @ 2 1/2 #. as usual tikka's shoot little bitty groups.
Posted By: PennDog Re: Tikka T1x Accuracy Report - 11/19/18
Looks like she’ll shoot!!.......thanks for the report and am looking forward to getting the .22 (soon I hope😄)!

PennDog
Originally Posted by PennDog
Looks like she’ll shoot!!.......thanks for the report and am looking forward to getting the .22 (soon I hope😄)!

PennDog

Be sure to adjust the trigger. Mine came from the factory at a crisp 6 pounds.

Well, maybe not that much, but I sure had to back it off a bunch to get it to approximate my hunting rifles.

P
Mad Mooner and Pharmseller - Thank you for the clarification. Somewhere I had seen the pronunciation I used in my question but some how it never seemed right.

Jim
Mad Mooner and Pharmseller - Thank you for the clarification. Somewhere I had seen the pronunciation I used in my question but some how it never seemed right.

Jim

Come on out here and say Willa-met-eee a few times, we’ll set you right.
Posted By: Davo65 Re: Tikka T1x Accuracy Report - 11/20/18
With the Talley low rings how much clearance do you have between the objective end and the barrel? I am waiting on 22lr version and am interested in fitting the talleys also and want to keep the scope low. Have a Leupold 3 to 9 x 40 ready to go.
Cheers.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Tikka T1x Accuracy Report - 11/20/18
Is the Tikka in dealer inventories now or is there still a wait?
Originally Posted by Davo65
With the Talley low rings how much clearance do you have between the objective end and the barrel? I am waiting on 22lr version and am interested in fitting the talleys also and want to keep the scope low. Have a Leupold 3 to 9 x 40 ready to go.
Cheers.

Plenty

[Linked Image]

P
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

I see some of the 17 HMR's on Gunbroker, but no 22 LR's yet.

Jerry
I shot a few rounds over the Magnetospeed. Hornady 17 grain V-Max averaged 2641, es of 20, three shots. The A17 17 grain ammo was much faster, average of 2725, es 24, three shots.

Not bad.

P
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Tikka T1x Accuracy Report - 11/21/18
Thanks Jerry.
Posted By: drover Re: Tikka T1x Accuracy Report - 11/21/18

Sportsmans Warehouse website shows the 17's in stock for $486.00.

drover
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Tikka T1x Accuracy Report - 11/21/18
Thanks drover. That is about what they are on gunbroker.
Posted By: 16bore Re: Tikka T1x Accuracy Report - 11/24/18
Well damn, I thought they weren't going to make it stateside. Pretty cool. Are the mounting holes the same as a T3?
Originally Posted by 16bore
Well damn, I thought they weren't going to make it stateside. Pretty cool. Are the mounting holes the same as a T3?

They look to be. Your dad’s milled Talleys would fit north/south, but the T1x dovetail is only 11mm, so the mounts stick out east/west. That’s why I went squeezy dovetails, which I do not prefer.

P
Posted By: 16bore Re: Tikka T1x Accuracy Report - 11/24/18
Gotcha. I reckon that's the typical rimfire dovetail, which I reckon makes sense.
Gotcha. I reckon that's the typical rimfire dovetail, which I reckon makes sense.

Thanks for the accuracy report Pharm. Looks to be on par with some savage 93R17, A17 and RAR rimfires (that I've seen) in the accuracy department.. Cool that Tikka finally brought out a rimfire. How's the trigger on these Tikka rimfire rifles?
Ask the nutria I killed this afternoon. 90 yards.

The trigger is adjustable, just like the T3. I turned mine down to around 2 lbs, perfect, crisp.

P
Per this thread, I got in line for a 22 cal suppressor.

Now just need Tikka to bring over the 22 rimfire.

Might be 6-9 months for both.
I made a mistake of buying a RAR ...that will be taken care of shortly
Posted By: 65BR Re: Tikka T1x Accuracy Report - 11/28/18
Have you shot the RAR? They tend to shoot pretty well, and have a nice flush fitting magazine, a ball point pen spring will make that trigger sweet.
Posted By: fourbore Re: Tikka T1x Accuracy Report - 11/29/18
I am not familiar with Tikka,. Can some one explain the trigger adjustments. The weight of pull, of course. How low will that go? And if it limits me, is spring swap a feasable option or am I design/safety limited to the minimum level.

Is there a 2nd adjustment for the sear engagement? Over travel , pre travel or anything else. Can I do a psudo 2 stage?

I am not expecting anything or preparing a bitch. Just asking what it has.

Are the aftermarket tikka CF triggers a drop in with the RF rifle. Here I am assuming aftermarket support.

I never owned a Tikka and need a little more review than the average reader.

Posted By: 16bore Re: Tikka T1x Accuracy Report - 11/29/18
Remove mag box, insert Allen wrench, adjust. Load, shoot, repeat.
Originally Posted by 65BR
Have you shot the RAR? They tend to shoot pretty well, and have a nice flush fitting magazine, a ball point pen spring will make that trigger sweet.

I have the trigger adjusted, the accuracy compared to CZ 452 and 455 is dismal to pathetic. I have tried two scopes , different ammo and it is ridiculously bad. I might end up just trading it to a gunshop just to get rid of it.
Posted By: jk16 Re: Tikka T1x Accuracy Report - 11/29/18
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

I have the trigger adjusted, the accuracy compared to CZ 452 and 455 is dismal to pathetic. I have tried two scopes , different ammo and it is ridiculously bad. I might end up just trading it to a gunshop just to get rid of it.

You need to call Ruger and send it to them. They made it , let them.make it right. You will be doing them a favor.The only way their product consistency will improve is if they have to fix them..

The RAR .22LR sporter I had when shot litterally side by side with a very accurate 2016 CZ452 was so close in terms of grouping most folks here would not tell them apart.

Litterally 1/8" separated the overall group averages at 50 yards and many loads shot identically. My Ruger liked CCI mini Mags

What caliber was yoir RAR chambered in?
Found a .22 at Sportsman’s , it shoots very well.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Tikka T1x Accuracy Report - 11/29/18
Originally Posted by jk16
You need to call Ruger and send it to them. They made it , let them.make it right. You will be doing them a favor.The only way their product consistency will improve is if they have to fix them..

The RAR .22LR sporter I had when shot litterally side by side with a very accurate 2016 CZ452 was so close in terms of grouping most folks here would not tell them apart.

Litterally 1/8" separated the overall group averages at 50 yards and many loads shot identically. My Ruger liked CCI mini Mags

That is really good advice. Ruger will be real anxious to make it right for you.
Originally Posted by Barbarosa
Found a .22 at Sportsman’s , it shoots very well.

Tikka?
Originally Posted by fourbore
I am not familiar with Tikka,. Can some one explain the trigger adjustments. The weight of pull, of course. How low will that go? And if it limits me, is spring swap a feasable option or am I design/safety limited to the minimum level.

Is there a 2nd adjustment for the sear engagement? Over travel , pre travel or anything else. Can I do a psudo 2 stage?

I am not expecting anything or preparing a bitch. Just asking what it has.

Are the aftermarket tikka CF triggers a drop in with the RF rifle. Here I am assuming aftermarket support.

I never owned a Tikka and need a little more review than the average reader.

I've never done anything beyond the factory adjustment however MT Tactical sells a spring replacement if you want to go below 2#'s. This is with T3's, my understanding is the t1 uses the same trigger group.
Posted By: saskfox Re: Tikka T1x Accuracy Report - 11/29/18

That is really good advice. Ruger will be real anxious to make it right for you.

Same here with their preferred ammo very little difference in accuracy. CZ 452 is about 15 years old RAR is 3 years old

I know they are good at backing their products, this one is a dog. I might end up doing that

.22 LR

I know they are good at backing their products, this one is a dog. I might end up doing that

If it is that bad, you should send it in.

They will issue you a call.tag and should pay the freight both ways.
Posted By: 65BR Re: Tikka T1x Accuracy Report - 11/29/18
I bet when it comes back from Ruger, you will be happy. Not to diss a Tikka, or CZ, but the RAR have a solid track record in 22 LR and WMR.
I bet when it comes back from Ruger, you will be happy. Not to diss a Tikka, or CZ, but the RAR have a solid track record in 22 LR and WMR.

I totally agree. My rar 22wmr is pretty damn accurate.
Was able to swap stocks. It took a little more motivation than I originally thought, as the receiver just forward of the chamber seems wider than the T3. But now it’s just like my other Tikkas, Limbsaver pad and all.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Now I need to re-zero.
Looks good pharm
so was it indeed a drop-in fit or by motivation do you mean you had to motivate a lil sand paper to get the barrel to fit in the channel?
Big Ed
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Tikka T1x Accuracy Report - 12/03/18
Originally Posted by whitearrow
so was it indeed a drop-in fit or by motivation do you mean you had to motivate a lil sand paper to get the barrel to fit in the channel?
Big Ed

I’m thinking sandpaper was the method. The motivation was made possible by a good Scotch. Pics of the work Pharm if possible. 😎
Posted By: Owl Re: Tikka T1x Accuracy Report - 12/03/18
I'd sure like to see the .22 lr I paid for last January. 11 months and counting cry
[Linked Image]

By motivation I mean force. If you look closely at the pic, you’ll see a metal protrusion that runs forward of the chamber. This protrusion didn’t fit into the stock channel without a surprising amount of downward force. And no, I wasn’t misaligning the recoil lug slot. No sandpaper.
The bedding screws pulled the action down nicely. The barrel is floated back to the recoil lug.

P
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Tikka T1x Accuracy Report - 12/03/18
Me too....My gun distribution people said they don’t have any yet...Hope I see mine before April. Could have a had custom build in the same amount of time,,,for a lot more money. 😐😎
Posted By: mistem Re: Tikka T1x Accuracy Report - 12/03/18
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Was able to swap stocks. It took a little more motivation than I originally thought, as the receiver just forward of the chamber seems wider than the T3. But now it’s just like my other Tikkas, Limbsaver pad and all.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Now I need to re-zero.

Quinn.... you need a better pad on that kicker😁. [Linked Image]
No, I need a can like yours!

If it is that bad, you should send it in.

They will issue you a call.tag and should pay the freight both ways.

Just got off the phone with them and that is what they are doing. Thanks for the info, I had it sitting in timeout in the safe . I will report back when I get it back from them
Posted By: Brittman Re: Tikka T1x Accuracy Report - 12/06/18
Hey, guys!

What's the deal with the 'plastic piece' in front of the chamber area? I looked @ one today in .17HMR for $468. and I could not figure out what it was, nor did the salesman? (It had a trigger lock on it. I assume that's what the lawyers make them do these days?)

A nice little rimfire. I do wish they would make a 5 rd. magazine that would fit flush with the bottom of the stock, however! Thank you for any comments on the 'plastic piece'. I know little about them, I admit it.

Brittman
Posted By: mistem Re: Tikka T1x Accuracy Report - 12/06/18
The plastic piece your referring to is to fill the gap between the stock and barrel. The same stock is used for the T1X as the T3x , only 2 differences that I’m aware of........ the plastic barrel filler and the plastic butt verses the rubber butt pad
Posted By: Brittman Re: Tikka T1x Accuracy Report - 12/06/18
Originally Posted by mistem
The plastic piece your referring to is to fill the gap between the stock and barrel. The same stock is used for the T1X as the T3x , only 2 differences that I’m aware of........ the plastic barrel filler and the plastic butt verses the rubber butt pad

mistem,

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it! I assume it would look pretty much like a gap on each side of the barrel, IF the plastic piece was not in place then? I intend to check the rifle out again shortly - a bit more closely this time. (If Tikka made a stock to match the barrel profile of the rimfire, T1X, I suppose the cost would have been too much for a new mold?)

Thanks again...!

Brittman
I tell you what, this thing is a nutria killing machine. I am very impressed with it. It’s set up just like my hunting rifles. I am convinced that it will drastically increase my shooting skills.
Yes at Sportsman’s in Bend, Oregon
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Tikka T1x Accuracy Report - 12/07/18
I tell you what, this thing is a nutria killing machine. I am very impressed with it. It’s set up just like my hunting rifles. I am convinced that it will drastically increase my shooting skills.

That is the type of statement that will spur some into a a buying position.
Originally Posted by Owl
I'd sure like to see the .22 lr I paid for last January. 11 months and counting cry

Mine is supposedly enroute to my FFL. Scheduled to be there tomorrow. Hope to pick it up Saturday...
Posted By: 65BR Re: Tikka T1x Accuracy Report - 12/07/18
Shot a good bit of “Swamp rats” here in LA as a kid with a BSA Meteor .177. Most under 50 yds.

Looks good - what scope replaced the VX-2?
Same scope.
Pharmseller,

Nutria or muskrats??? I didn't know we had nutria out West.

BTW, just put a T1x on layaway at Sportman's tonight. I think their price was even a little better than the "pre-buy" price here on the 'fire. I was trying to stay strong but a local store put their Hornady 17HMR ammo on sale for $9 a box and I folded like a house of cards! Oh well... looking forward to introducing it to some jackrabbits in 2019!
I see nutria every day. Kilt two yesterday. A big one is as big as a small beaver.

[Linked Image]

This one was about five pounds. I’ve killed them a lot bigger. This time of year the Bald eagles clean them up pretty quick.

P
Who has the sale on HMR?
I see nutria every day. Kilt two yesterday. A big one is as big as a small beaver.

[Linked Image]

This one was about five pounds. I’ve killed them a lot bigger. This time of year the Bald eagles clean them up pretty quick.

P

I thought Nutria were just in Tejas and Louisiana.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Tikka T1x Accuracy Report - 12/07/18
Midsouth has 17 HMR ammo at $8.59

Hornady 17 grain VMAX ammo.

www.midsouthshooters.com
Shipping to me (on a case, 2k) is $17, on par with $9/box of 50.

2k case is 17.75 cents per round, $9/box is 18 cents.

Dang that shipping!

Non-native. They’re all over. I got another one today, lasered 183 yards. CNS, he didn’t even twitch.

P
I just ordered a case of 2,000 from Wholesale Hunter. $342 shipped. That’s $8.55/box. Not bad.

Non-native. They’re all over. I got another one today, lasered 183 yards. CNS, he didn’t even twitch.

P

Holy Cow
That’s what I thought. Steady rest, held 3” high. At the shot he just settled flat.

P
Shipping to me (on a case, 2k) is $17, on par with $9/box of 50.

2k case is 17.75 cents per round, $9/box is 18 cents.

Dang that shipping!

Bi-Mart has 200 round packs of Hornady on sale for $34.97 ($8.75 per box) in their add that came out today. They had it for $7.99 on Black Friday, so I picked up 15 boxes then.

I have an RAR in 22LR and 22MAG. Both of them will group their favorite ammo at 1/2 or better at 50 yards. The norm for RAR rimfires is that you will find a very accurate load or two. If your is that bad, send it back. It sucks to have to do that. I have a hard time dumping a defective rifle on someone else.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

I have an RAR in 22LR and 22MAG. Both of them will group their favorite ammo at 1/2 or better at 50 yards. The norm for RAR rimfires is that you will find a very accurate load or two. If your is that bad, send it back. It sucks to have to do that. I have a hard time dumping a defective rifle on someone else.

Yeah it is going back, I am supposed to receive a UPS call ticket and no I would not dump that off on anyone
Picked my T1X .22 up today. Like the sharper molded in checkering on the stock. Much easier to hang on to. 5lb, 13oz. bare rifle. 6lb, 14oz with 10 rounds in the magazine, Outback II can, and Leupold 2.5x8x40 sitting in a pair of 16Bore lowered Talley rings. Yes, the rings are milled a little wide. But they are workable. Had to take 0.055" off the three long screws to clear the bolt raceway. First 10 rounds off hand fed, fired, and ejected without issue. Will try to set up the bench and do target work tomorrow.

Questions: (1) Where can I pick up extra magazine? And are there any 5 round magazines available? (2) Where can I find grip inserts to change up the wrist geometry ? Specifically wondering if there is anything thinner / more open than the stock grip insert. I see the fuller / more closed insert. I did a quick Google search looking for aftermarket parts. However, did not see a lot.
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

Bi-Mart has 200 round packs of Hornady on sale for $34.97 ($8.75 per box) in their add that came out today. They had it for $7.99 on Black Friday, so I picked up 15 boxes then.

Bi-Mart won’t sell my 18-year-old son a shotgun.

They’ve seen the last of me.

P
Posted By: 65BR Re: Tikka T1x Accuracy Report - 12/08/18
Good thread, yes I don't blame you on that Pharm - that pic above, my bad, was Mistem. Looked like the bottom pic was not a Leupold.- resting on the door handles

Yep, that round def much flatter than that ole BSA smile
Got two more this morning. Lung shot the first one, pretended he was a trophy buck, crosshairs low, tight to the shoulder. He jumped around for a while, then escaped into the creek. CNS (just like everything else) is the only way to prevent escape. Too bad, the bald eagles are really showing up.

This guy made the mistake of swimming by on the surface. Spined him just behind the head, he ceased his forward motion soonest. Note the blood trail.

[Linked Image]

Up to a dozen or so. Having a blast.

P
One more at last light. Eighty yards, I wanted the eagles to find him so I put one right behind his ear. Not a twitch.
I just ordered a case of 2,000 from Wholesale Hunter. $342 shipped. That’s $8.55/box. Not bad.

Too bad you didn't buy some from bi-mart about 3 months ago, when the federals were $7.99/box... I stocked up on ammo then and actually bought 2 17HMR rifles... Ended up selling my 10-22 because the 17 is funner to shoot, and more accurate...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I won’t buy from Bi-Mart, I don’t care how good the sale is.
I won’t buy from Bi-Mart, I don’t care how good the sale is.

I can appreciate a man with principles.
stand by 'em bud,
Big Ed
Posted By: 79inpa Re: Tikka T1x Accuracy Report - 12/13/18
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Picked my T1X .22 up today. Like the sharper molded in checkering on the stock. Much easier to hang on to. 5lb, 13oz. bare rifle. 6lb, 14oz with 10 rounds in the magazine, Outback II can, and Leupold 2.5x8x40 sitting in a pair of 16Bore lowered Talley rings. Yes, the rings are milled a little wide. But they are workable. Had to take 0.055" off the three long screws to clear the bolt raceway. First 10 rounds off hand fed, fired, and ejected without issue. Will try to set up the bench and do target work tomorrow.

Questions: (1) Where can I pick up extra magazine? And are there any 5 round magazines available? (2) Where can I find grip inserts to change up the wrist geometry ? Specifically wondering if there is anything thinner / more open than the stock grip insert. I see the fuller / more closed insert. I did a quick Google search looking for aftermarket parts. However, did not see a lot.

I want to see an honest write up of that gun using various types of ammo! please!!
Like others suggested I sent the Ruger American .22 LR back to Ruger. THey had it for 3 days and I got it today. They had to recrown the barrel and sent me a test target. If it shoots that good I will buy another one or two in a heartbeat.

Again thanks for the tip on sending it back.
Pharmseller: There are NO Bi-Marts in Montana where I live but when I travel west to the coast for gunshows I make it a point to stop at the Bi-Marts on the way, they often have excellent prices on rimfire ammo and rare ammo IN STOCK!
I have done this for MANY years now.
What is your perceived beef with Bi-Mart - I have heard nothing negative about them.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: jk16 Re: Tikka T1x Accuracy Report - 12/21/18
Like others suggested I sent the Ruger American .22 LR back to Ruger. THey had it for 3 days and I got it today. They had to recrown the barrel and sent me a test target. If it shoots that good I will buy another one or two in a heartbeat.

That sounds great !

smile

I hope it shoots well for you ..
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Pharmseller: There are NO Bi-Marts in Montana where I live but when I travel west to the coast for gunshows I make it a point to stop at the Bi-Marts on the way, they often have excellent prices on rimfire ammo and rare ammo IN STOCK!
I have done this for MANY years now.
What is your perceived beef with Bi-Mart - I have heard nothing negative about them.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Bi-Mart decided to hop on the virtue-signaling bus and refuse to sell shotguns and long guns to those under 21.

Not 18, which is the legal limit.

Why support Bi Mart?

Their policies infringe on my son’s Second Amendment rights.

From their press release:

“As part of the national debate on gun sales, Bi-Mart and Cascade Farm and Outdoor stores, a division of Bi-Mart, issued a statement clarifying the company’s policy with three key elements.

Bi-Mart has always carried a mix of merchandise that supported the shooting sports and hunting community and will continue to do so.
Bi-Mart has never stocked or sold AK or AR platform rifles or bump-stocks and nor high-capacity magazines for these firearms and will not stock them in the future.
While emphasizing that Bi-Mart’s policies for firearm sales meet or exceed all Federal and State laws where they operate and currently follow all government age restrictions., the release says Bi-Mart believes increasing the minimum age for purchase of firearms to age 21 “is a step in the right direction,” and announces that they will now only sell guns and ammunition to those 21 or older that meet state and federal requirements for purchasing firearms.”

A step in the right direction? Which direction would that be? I guess it’s the direction that erodes our gun rights.

I have not stepped foot into a Bi-Mart since they adopted this policy.

P

Ruger frustrates me in some ways. They make guns that are very appealing to me. Their QC needs major improvement though. Their Customer Service after the sale rarely disappoints. Thankfully.
Finally got a range session today. Dead on at 50 yards put me a half inch high at 100. 200 yards was 6 1/2” low. Wind played hell with that little bullet at 200 but if you doped it right you could break clay pigeons.

P
Posted By: 16bore Re: Tikka T1x Accuracy Report - 12/22/18
Finally got a range session today. Dead on at 50 yards put me a half inch high at 100. 200 yards was 6 1/2” low. Wind played hell with that little bullet at 200 but if you doped it right you could break clay pigeons.

P

You're pretty much dealing with 500+ yard CF drift with a 22LR at 200. Makes paying big bucks for high grade 22 LR ammo worth every penny.
Do you have any concern, when nutria hunting, about adding to the lead poisoning problems birds-of-prey and carrion eaters are suffering? If you were to use head shots exclusively, would it be practical to decapitate the nutria and bury the head (where lead fragments will be found)?
No, now go back to wherever yo came from you fool.
Originally Posted by Castle_Rock
No, now go back to wherever yo came from you fool.

I'll join you in extending a warm welcome to our new member.
Posted By: fourbore Re: Tikka T1x Accuracy Report - 01/14/19
I think deceitful to show photos of the gun without the magazine. The ugly POS is a deal breaker for me. Maybe I exaggerate, but; lets not hide the truth. Picture the complete rifle when showing off the new stocks and scopes.
Originally Posted by iliketoshoot
Do you have any concern, when nutria hunting, about adding to the lead poisoning problems birds-of-prey and carrion eaters are suffering? If you were to use head shots exclusively, would it be practical to decapitate the nutria and bury the head (where lead fragments will be found)?

Nope, no concerns. But if you’re worried about it, send me a PM and I’ll let you know where the carcasses are. Bring a shovel and you can bury them.

P
Originally Posted by fourbore
I think deceitful to show photos of the gun without the magazine. The ugly POS is a deal breaker for me. Maybe I exaggerate, but; lets not hide the truth. Picture the complete rifle when showing off the new stocks and scopes.

Calling a man deceitful could be taken as rude behavior.

That said, I have no problem with the appearance including the magazine. What the hell, it ain’t like we’re talking about titties.

P
Posted By: 16bore Re: Tikka T1x Accuracy Report - 01/15/19
Pharm.....I can't believe you ruined it for fourbore. You're salesmanship is questionable. There are rules for posting pictures of rifles. First and foremost, you MUST show the magazine. Rick has a sticky about this, I hope you're not reduced to one post per day.

Dammit man, just when you think a guy is kosher......
Enjoying the discussion. I finally got my T1X in 22lr. Scoped it with Warne rings and an old Vari-X III in 4.5-14. I had an assortment of 22 ammo on hand, so I thought I’d see how well the rifle shot. I did 10 shot groups with Rem Thunderbolt, Rem Golden, CCI minimags, Federal bulk ammo, and Federal Auto Match. Both Of the Remingtons shot 1.5 inch groups at 50 yards, with groups being vertical. The CCI and Federal bulk was about 7/8 inch, and the Federal Auto Match was at 5/8”, with all but one in one hole. Then I read the owners manual and it said 1 MOA was guaranteed at 50 yards with 3 shot groups. So I shot some 3 shot groups with the Auto Match and it easily met the guarantee. Smallest group was one slightly elongated hole.

At 100 yards, in a gusty wind, using the Auto Match, the best I could do was 1.5 inches. Next calm day I’ll try again.

I haven’t adjusted the trigger yet, and I need to try some better ammo. I really like the rifle.
Posted By: 16bore Re: Tikka T1x Accuracy Report - 01/15/19
The stock is the same one that's on the T3x (except the bottom metal) correct?
" and the Federal Auto Match was at 5/8”, with all but one in one hole."

Beginning to sound pretty good, but I have no eperience with Fed. Automatch.

Would like to see how the 22LR performs with one of my goto's like CCI standard velocity.

Jerry
I need that 16in barrel 22lr T1X to hit the US shelves.

And by that, I mean at Whittaker’s.
I think the stock is the same as the T3X stock, but I have not tried to swap them. I plan to try other ammo, but haven’t bought any yet. I won’t buy the real expensive target ammo, but will try CCI sv and Blazer lead RN.
Pharm.....I can't believe you ruined it for fourbore. You're salesmanship is questionable. There are rules for posting pictures of rifles. First and foremost, you MUST show the magazine. Rick has a sticky about this, I hope you're not reduced to one post per day.

Dammit man, just when you think a guy is kosher......

My apologies. I just changed my meds, trying to reduce the voices in my head.

Totally blew it. What?

P
I took three more nutes off the board yesterday. To my great and abiding shame I left them for the scavengers, risking the very foundations of Nature with the excess of lead particles offered by the 17-grain V-Max.

Forgive me!

P
603country how did that vari-x 4.5-14 do at rimfire distances? i'm about to rimfireize a couple VX-3 4.5-14x50mm for a couple of my cz 22lr's.
thanks,
Big Ed
Any of you 17 HMR owners regret your purchase? Any feeding or ejecting issues?
Thanks
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Any of you 17 HMR owners regret your purchase? Any feeding or ejecting issues?
Thanks

Not a bit.

P
Whitearrow, the 4.5-14 has the Varmint Hunter reticle and the parallax adjusts down to 50 yards (and maybe 25, but I can’t remember). The fine crosshairs in the reticle are perfect for my needs. Mine has the 40 mm bell, and the folks at Warne recommended the 721M rings, which are perfect. But you probably need the taller size.
Have yet to see a Reupold 4.5-14x in ANY configuration,track,repeat or hold zero.

Hint...............
Well, Stick, this old Vari-X III 4.5-14 was on my 270 for about 20 years and never gave me a problem. It hung in there for at least 150 deer and never failed or drifted. This is a set&forget type scope, so tracking and repeating have never been asked of it. A couple of years ago I replaced it with a more modern version of the same scope and sent this one off to Leupold for the VH reticle. They did as I asked and also replaced the ‘guts’ with new stuff. I had it on my 223 for a time, then moved it to the Tikka T1X. For the 22, I really like the fine crosshairs and that it will go to 25 yards on the parallax. And the new VX3 4.5-14 hasn’t failed either, but i’ll keep an eye on it, just in case.

I have had two Leupold scopes need work over the many years. A VX2 6-18 had to go back for work, and I had a lens (something glass) come loose in a very old M8 6X. I bought it used in the middle to late 70’s, and the glass came loose in about 2016 or so. Leupold didn’t fix it, but just sent me a brand new one. I have no problem with Leupold (or Vortex or Burris).
Reupold 4.5-14's BEST use.

Reupold 4.5-14x REALLY Shining...RINK

Hint....................(grin)
Brad was right...
Pardon facts,upsetting you so.

Congratulations?!?

Pardon my shooting it all and then some.

Hint....................
Wouldn’t it be great if the people you have on ignore were prohibited from posting on your threads?
You CLUELESS Dumb Fhuqks are a hoot!

Whine a bit more.

Hint...............
Kilt another nute today, headshot around 70 yards. Really cool, it was raining so the pelt was soaked, I saw the water fly off him when the little bullet hit.

P
Still slaying nutria.

Bald eagles love me.
got a t1x to mimic the bigger brother

and to shoot small game

got about 500 rounds down this barrel. not really much more the a sight in and occasionally running the form 20rd drill and blasting small game

cci sv makes 5 shot touch in sort of oblong pattern at 50 most of the time with the occasional wonky flyer.

might be me, might be the platform.

good enough to keep the small game numbers down and me hiking the hills with nearly 100% replica of my go to rifle and meat for the pot

always heard jackrabbits are garbage.. i dunno, got 3 the other day and put backstraps in the instant pot for 40 minutes canning mode.

can't complain. then again that darn instapot makes pinks taste as good as kings.. or maybe i've gone so feral don't know what's good anymore

but i like this T1x.
© 24hourcampfire