Home
Posted By: jackmountain Vudoo vs Anschutz - 01/08/19
Anybody that has both, or any other high zoot rimfire care to speak on accuracy? Obviously accuracy is not the be all end all unless you're talking BR50/IR5050 and the vudoo has most beat in regards to utility with stock choices and magazines. My 1407R is really coming around in regards to accuracy, .3's and .4's with a few .2's here and there with lapua MidasX, and ergos are killer for me. Had a 40X with a shilen that would outshoot it, but single shot would be hard to suffer when there's good repeaters available. I really need to pull the trigger and get a barreled action coming my way. Have a classic with dbm inlet sitting idle. Guess I'm looking for a push from someone that's went chesebro to vudoo with no regrets. The Annie's not going anywhere either way.
Posted By: robertham1 Re: Vudoo vs Anschutz - 01/08/19
My Vudoo is as accurate, and potentially more accurate, than my Annie/40x/52D’s

If you’re looking for a push, Ill gladly push and say you won’t regret it. Probably my most fun gun to shoot.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Vudoo vs Anschutz - 01/08/19
What barrel and trigger did you go with? What ammo are you shooting?
Posted By: Certifiable Re: Vudoo vs Anschutz - 01/08/19
The vudoo gives up nothing to many other high zoot affairs in accuracy.
It beats to holy hell, everything else in utility.

I’ll gladly vouch for it and offer that push

ACE barrel. MTU contour.
Took off the Timney and swapped for Shilen comp. 2oz. Spoiled by 54 triggers so had to upgrade there
Trigger is one of my concerns. Had a shilen 2 oz in my 40x and could easily live with that. Don't think I could do a 2lb timney for that application though I have them in a bunch of 700's.
Posted By: Dude270 Re: Vudoo vs Anschutz - 01/08/19
JM, If you order one it goes without saying I'm gonna need to fondle it and shoot it.
We might have to set up a highland county long range rimfire shoot.

My next purchase is either gonna be a vudoo or a fieldcraft 223 when they come out, cant decide
You're on! I Can't fight it much longer. The farthest I can get at the cabin is 225yds. I can get 350yds at the house. The suppressor"s made it even more fun. Don't have to worry about pissing off the neighbors shooting on Sun. afternoon.
Ride over on the bull bullpasture when I'm there and you can shoot as far as you like. We can do about any range out to 1k. I don't have any steel up there but rocks and cow piles abound.

I do my Sunday shooting in the basement with my FWB mostly. Dayton frowns on the 22 shooting. Gotta ride up to the old man's for that
We need to do that soon. Was back sat and sun and hard to believe it was Jan. 40°. Sat in the tree stand til dark in a sweat shirt .
JM.. have you placed the order yet??;)
I was back the weekend before new years. So much mud we had to walk everywhere.
Give me a shout sometime and we will figure out a time we will both be back on the mountain and meet up
Originally Posted by Certifiable
JM.. have you placed the order yet??;)

Ace barrel is in house or someone else's blank they contour and chamber?
Posted By: robertham1 Re: Vudoo vs Anschutz - 01/08/19
Jack-

Certifiable and I have identical setups. 18” ACE MTU 2oz shilen.

As far as ammo I goes- I hadn’t shot anything very high end until last weekend. It did like wolf/SK quite a bit. Shot some eley match and the groups were very good. Not sure if it was the ammo or lot- but t will say that my Vudoo does not like federal ultramatch.
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Vudoo vs Anschutz - 01/08/19
Got one coming on the 23rd......or thereabouts. I plan on ordering another as soon as the first gets here.
That’s a solid plan 257.. talked to them a bit ago and I’m waiting on the HMR version now
Posted By: 30338 Re: Vudoo vs Anschutz - 01/08/19
Ordered a Specter contour Ace barrel and going in a lefty Mcmillan classic stock that is also on order. Trigger Tech Special 1 pound trigger going on it.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Vudoo vs Anschutz - 01/09/19
Website says they use their own Ace barrel, kinda odd there's not more Info out there on it. Somebody's blank they're contouring and chambering? Obviously it's quality with the accuracy they're producing.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Vudoo vs Anschutz - 01/09/19
Originally Posted by 30338
Ordered a Specter contour Ace barrel and going in a lefty Mcmillan classic stock that is also on order. Trigger Tech Special 1 pound trigger going on it.

Would love to see pictures when completed...
Posted By: Certifiable Re: Vudoo vs Anschutz - 01/09/19
If I recall ace is a small company out of Oregon
Posted By: 30338 Re: Vudoo vs Anschutz - 01/10/19
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by 30338

Would love to see pictures when completed...

Stock will for sure be longer leadtime than the barreled action. Will post a pic when I get it all up and going. Love the Mcmillan Classics and this should match my hunting rigs pretty closely.
Posted By: Higginez Re: Vudoo vs Anschutz - 01/10/19
Buy lots of extra mags.

Lots.
Posted By: swampkid Re: Vudoo vs Anschutz - 01/11/19
Vudoo is #1 on my wish list,Im just waiting to see whats new at shot show.I wish a 17wsm version will happen.
Posted By: tansinator Re: Vudoo vs Anschutz - 01/16/19
I have two Annie 54's and a Vudoo. The Annie's are single shots and now collect dust. Will one outshoot the other?, in my opinion, no! They both shoot equal at same distances with same ammo. Vudoo is a 16 inch Ace barrel in Kukri contour and a Calvin Elite Custom trigger. I do give the edge to the Annie trigger though but not by much.

I hope this helps

Eddie
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Vudoo vs Anschutz - 01/16/19
Shilen 2oz in my 40x gave me the best rimfire groups I've ever shot. Anschutz trigger is damn sweet though.
Posted By: tansinator Re: Vudoo vs Anschutz - 01/18/19
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Shilen 2oz in my 40x gave me the best rimfire groups I've ever shot. Anschutz trigger is damn sweet though.

2 oz. is a little light for me. I like them about 10 oz.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Vudoo vs Anschutz - 01/18/19
Vudoo in a Classic,wearing 18" Bart' and Twin-ounce Stainless Shilen fire control unit.

[Linked Image]

'Nother in a Terrain,wearing the same Make/length of spout,but more contour.

[Linked Image]

Have never heard of or seen an Anschutz however.

[Linked Image]

Ooops!.......................
Posted By: Reba Re: Vudoo vs Anschutz - 01/20/19
I want a flush mounted 5 round magazine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Vudoo vs Anschutz - 01/20/19
Start with seeing,touching and shooting said rifle first.

Hint.................
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Vudoo vs Anschutz - 01/27/19
Got the Vudoo yesterday.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Vudoo vs Anschutz - 01/27/19
Thoughts?...............
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Vudoo vs Anschutz - 01/27/19
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Thoughts?...............

Best thing since sliced bread. Rifle Basix sucks balls. Will be tripping it for a Jewell.

Should have changed order to 30 MOA. But I'll live with that until it until I can find another with more slope.
Sweet! I am jealous.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Vudoo vs Anschutz - 01/27/19
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Thoughts?...............

Best thing since sliced bread. Rifle Basix sucks balls. Will be tripping it for a Jewell.

Should have changed order to 30 MOA. But I'll live with that until it until I can find another with more slope.

Mine both wear S/S 2-ounce Shilen's and Jewell ain't even on the same Planet. I've got 30MOA on both of mine,but wish they were 75MOA...like my Bob Anschutz 54 extended 1913 rails.

'Horn's rings will give you another 40MOA,for a total of 60,which smokes where you currently set.

Hint..................

Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Vudoo vs Anschutz - 01/28/19
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Got the Vudoo yesterday.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Good looking rig, 257! You'll quickly fall in love with it.
Posted By: 30338 Re: Vudoo vs Anschutz - 01/29/19
Nice looking rig 257. What barrel contour is that one?
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Vudoo vs Anschutz - 01/30/19
This one is an 18" Specter. I will be ordering another soon with an 18" Kukri contour.
Posted By: 30338 Re: Vudoo vs Anschutz - 01/30/19
Thank you, looks great.
Posted By: robertham1 Re: Vudoo vs Anschutz - 02/02/19
257-

Have you had a change to shoot it yet?
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Vudoo vs Anschutz - 02/03/19
No. Windy as heck here this weekend. I guess that's what brought the warm weather.
© 24hourcampfire