Home
Posted By: wdvicker 93r17 New Stock - 02/12/19
I have the 93R17 BTVLSS. I just today removed the Thumb hole stock and installed a Boyd's Rimfire Hunter. I could never get a good picture in the scope with the thumb hole. With the rimfire hunter it is a night and day difference. When I bring up the gun it is amazing. There is no creeping and crawling on the stock to get to get a good view in the scope. Off to the range in the morning.

Attached picture Savage 93r17 BTVLSS2.jpg
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: 93r17 New Stock - 02/12/19
Thanks, I dropped my damn computer.
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: 93r17 New Stock - 02/12/19
I had a Prairie Hunter on a CZ 455, for awhile. I didn't care much for it, it was bulky and heavier than I liked. That was on my first 455, the one that never shot as well as I thought it should have shot.

When I traded it off for something else, I kept the American walnut stock, and let the rifle go with the Prairie Hunter stock on it. The American stock came in handy when I bought a 455 Scout, which has a kid-sized stock on it. Placing that barrelled action in the American stock made it nice and handy, and I could shoot it better than the original 455 ever did shoot.

I also had a 93R17 in it's cheapo plastic stock, which I loathed. It shot plenty well, all HMRs seem to shoot well, but I couldn't get past the cheap-azz magazine, and gave the rifle to my buddy, who really needed a good HMR. He loves it.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: 93r17 New Stock - 02/12/19
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Thanks, I dropped my damn computer.

Yeah, I had to stand on my head...
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: 93r17 New Stock - 02/12/19
upside down?
Posted By: wdvicker Re: 93r17 New Stock - 02/13/19
Sorry, I don't know how that happened.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: 93r17 New Stock - 02/13/19
Originally Posted by wdvicker

Don't know either. Have you considered Imgur? Its super simple to post pics of things such as your 93r17. Heres a pic of mine:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: 93r17 New Stock - 02/13/19

D
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by wdvicker

Don't know either. Have you considered Imgur? Its super simple to post pics of things such as your 93r17. Heres a pic of mine:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Not bad for 25 yds.....
© 24hourcampfire