Home
Posted By: Showdog75 Ruger 77/22lr - 06/29/19
Does anyone make a replacement trigger for a 77/22lr? I've seen on here about a spring kit for a 77/17 but not sure if they're the same animal.
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Ruger 77/22lr - 06/29/19
Volquartzen use to make one but they stopped producing it recently, you may find one on eBay though. Rifle basic, Timney make one and I believe Clark does too but I could be wrong. A simple spring kit will lighten the trigger but the sear and spring kit will remove a lot of the creep too. You can work on the trigger yourself a little if you are up to it.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Ruger 77/22lr - 06/30/19
Originally Posted by Showdog75
Does anyone make a replacement trigger for a 77/22lr? I've seen on here about a spring kit for a 77/17 but not sure if they're the same animal.

I've seen a Rifle Basix featured in a couple of magazine articles with good results. I've used the Timney, and fiddled a factory trigger myself. Pretty sure all the kits and replacements are the same, but when in doubt, call the maker.

I replaced just the spring with one from Ernie the Gunsmith, but it made only a slight difference. The geometry of the factory trigger is a big part of the problem.
Posted By: ring3 Re: Ruger 77/22lr - 06/30/19
You might like this site. Been good to me.

https://www.triggershims.com/ruger_m77.html
Posted By: Hoth Re: Ruger 77/22lr - 07/01/19
Originally Posted by ring3
You might like this site. Been good to me.

https://www.triggershims.com/ruger_m77.html

Yeah, that site sells the Volquartsen kit. I put it in my 77/357 and it did wonders, though I had to do a bit of filing/polishing on the safety afterwards.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Ruger 77/22lr - 07/01/19
Not sure if they are interchangeable, but I put a VQ sear and spring in my 77/17 hornet. Trigger pull went from 5.5 to about 2.5 pounds with minimal travel. And after watching a 15 minute u tube video, it was a fast and easy job.
Posted By: Hoth Re: Ruger 77/22lr - 07/03/19
Originally Posted by dale06
my 77/17 hornet.

I've had my eye on that particular rifle for a while. How do you like it?
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Ruger 77/22lr - 07/05/19
Rifle Basix for me. I've a few.

Hint..............
Posted By: Lennie Re: Ruger 77/22lr - 07/06/19
Originally Posted by Hoth
Originally Posted by dale06
my 77/17 hornet.

I've had my eye on that particular rifle for a while. How do you like it?

I love mine. 17 Hornet is quieter than all other center fire varmint rifles. Trajectory is close to a .223. A pound of powder will reload almost 700 rounds. If you reload, it's cheaper to shoot than a .17 HMR. Accuracy is excellent. What is there not to like?
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Ruger 77/22lr - 07/06/19
Hummer ammo is less than $10. Factory 17 Hornet ammo wears SCHIT brass. Hint.

Just sayin'.

Hint.............
Posted By: Hoth Re: Ruger 77/22lr - 07/08/19
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Rifle Basix for me. I've a few.

Have you ever had to do any futzing around with the safety after installing any of your Basix like I had to do with the Volquartzen?

Hummer ammo is less than $10. Factory 17 Hornet ammo wears SCHIT brass.

Inconsistent, weak, or both?
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Ruger 77/22lr - 07/08/19
Not on any Basix,but that's standard fare for a Dayton Traister,they typically take a coupla licks with a file,for the saftey to roll...whether in LR,Hummer,Whizzum or Hornet. Got 'em all.

Hint................
Posted By: Hoth Re: Ruger 77/22lr - 07/08/19
Not having to piss around with a file would definitely be worth the extra $30.

What are your thoughts on the 17 HMR vs the 17 WSM?
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Ruger 77/22lr - 07/08/19
Files don't aspook me.(grin)

The Whizzum is a vastly superior chambering,but might not make the cut in the long term...being the 77/17 is the only Factory Rifle worth a fhuqk,chambered same. Ruger REALLY needs to chamber same in a S/S RAR.

I've multiples in each chambering,including both boltguns(obviously) and AR's.

LOVE 'em all.

Hint..................
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Ruger 77/22lr - 07/12/19
Id buy a RAR 17 Wizzum right now. I have a Bmag, but well....its a Savage.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Ruger 77/22lr - 07/12/19
alwaysindoors,

Your Brokedick "intel",never disappoints in it's MAGNIFICENT Oblivious Hilarity. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Bless your heart for TRYING though!

Hint.

Laughing!...............
alwaysindoors,

Your Brokedick "intel",never disappoints in it's MAGNIFICENT Oblivious Hilarity. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Bless your heart for TRYING though!

Hint.

Laughing!...............

Did your blow up man sex doll not arrive as scheduled?!

Only broke diks post pictures of their stuff all day. It must make you feel less of a broke dik, Duncle maple Bacon Bar.

Go take a picture of a deer and pretend you are hard charging. You have 250,000 posts or so with all your usernames combined. Congratulations!?

Hint...
alwaysindoors,

Pardon wares that exist and the critique of same,upsetting the "sanctity" of your Imagination and Pretend,as you talk out your ass. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for Whining.

Hint.

Laughing!..............
alwaysindoors,

Pardon wares that exist and the critique of same,upsetting the "sanctity" of your Imagination and Pretend,as you talk out your ass. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for Whining.

Hint.

Laughing!..............

Excuse me for stating what Id buy and what I dont like in similar offerings. Keep pretending to be important, Duncle Phuqtard.
alwaysindoors,

The sole CONSTANT with you Brokedick CLUELESS Kchunts,is that when it is all said and done...there will have been a fhuqk of a LOT more said,than "done". Congratulations?!?

"Fortunately" for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt.

Bless your heart for DREAMING.

Hint.

Laughing!..............
alwaysindoors,

The sole CONSTANT with you Brokedick CLUELESS Kchunts,is that when it is all said and done...there will have been a fhuqk of a LOT more said,than "done". Congratulations?!?

Hint.

Laughing!..............

Says the Duncle with 250,000 +: posts to her name! Laughing...

Hint
alwaysindoors,

Pardon my shooting it all and then some...as you "flaunt' your Imagination and it's Pretend. Congratulations?!?

Your NOTHINGNESS,is simply fhuqking incredible,in it's magnitude.

Bless your heart for TRYING.

Hint.

Laughing!...............
alwaysindoors,

Pardon my shooting it all and then some...as you "flaunt' your Imagination and it's Pretend. Congratulations?!?

Your NOTHINGNESS,is simply fhuqking incredible,in it's magnitude.

Bless your heart for TRYING.

Hint.

Laughing!...............

I think you have over used your brain already today,Duncle. Rest on the couch where the big divot is from your tree limb chipping dwarf azz. Laughing
alwaysindoors,

You haven't the faculties to "think",but do to Whine...you "lucky" kchunt. Congratulations?!?

You Drooling Do NOTHING DUMB Fhuqks are a HOOT!

Bless your heart for Crying.

Hint.

Laughing!................
alwaysindoors,

i fell asleep on my couch divot spot.woke up with Sun Chips everywhere. I musta got the munchies then dreamt they were attacking me. I sent my weiner pics to Fred. He didnt respond just like everyone else except the cross dresser down at the gas station who will fill me up for $3.

Laughing!................

Umm. Ok.
alwaysindoors,

Pardon my shooting it all,as you set in the bleachers rattling your Pom-Pom's. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image]

You are welcome to your Homoerotic Fantasies and the Delusions concocted by your Imagination and Pretend...you "lucky" kchunt.

Bless your heart for crying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............
Posted By: robertham1 Re: Ruger 77/22lr - 07/12/19
Stick which 30mm rings you like on the 77/22?
Fhuqk...wrong Thread.(grin)

Reupold Rings for me.

Hint...............

Posted By: robertham1 Re: Ruger 77/22lr - 07/12/19
Height?
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Ruger 77/22lr - 07/13/19
I wanna say Mediums. I'll look back through old pics,to see if I can catch a packaging label..................

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Ruger 77/22lr - 07/13/19
Yep....Reupold mediums................

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Showdog75 Re: Ruger 77/22lr - 08/03/19
Wound up doing the Timney spring and sear. Came in a bit under 3 lbs with hardly any creep. Big improvement.
Posted By: T_O_M Re: Ruger 77/22lr - 08/04/19
I have a 77/22 aftermarket trigger somewhere in a box downstairs. didn't like it. I want to say Jard, maybe? It was supposed to be a 1lb unit. I've got other triggers lighter, but this one wasn't safe. I bought a 1.5 lb spring but never got around to installing it / trying it out.

My current 77/xx is the HMR heavy barrel. Rather than change triggers, I swapped in a Volquartsen sear and a Wolf spring ... IMHO works better than the Volquartsen spring. Then I did a lot of very careful filing and polishing. It's probably 2 pounds, never checked it. It's as good as any 77/xx I've ever handled.

Tom
© 24hourcampfire