Home
Not exactly but he didnt know the differnce.

My 7 year old been going to the range with me for a while but this was the first time he wanted to stay for more than an hour. Turned into a 3 hour trip. We typically bring his CZ 455 Scout but this time we brought my CZ 455 VPT, guess that was all it took.

On the way home he asked if he could have my 455. Told him I would think about it and ordered him a 457 Varmint Pro when I got home.

Got all the stuff gathered to finish it off about a week later and spent a Saturday getting it setup. Just waiting on a cheek riser to get here.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
good stuff, wp
I like the paint
Awesome
Congrats to the mighty young hunter. Go forth and concuer!
Well done, WP, well done...
Awesome work dad. He will be hooked. My oldest just this past year started showing interest. Keep him involved
Adopt me
That is really cool. Nice job all around.
awesome father and son project.........you did good Dad!
What did you use paint wise. I like that a lot. Would be close to matching my McMillan rhino camo
Very cool.... Love it when a kid shows interest and has an opportunity to pursue something they enjoy.
WP,

Way to go. Looks like you've got a shooting partner for life.

Jerry
Originally Posted by kevinJ
Awesome work dad. He will be hooked. My oldest just this past year started showing interest. Keep him involved

My oldest(10) shoots as well but doesn't really have the same passion for it as his brother.
Originally Posted by jerrywoodswalker
WP,

Way to go. Looks like you've got a shooting partner for life.

Jerry

thats the plan!
What did you use paint wise. I like that a lot. Would be close to matching my McMillan rhino camo

He did a pretty good job on it, pretty close pattern-wise to the Manners on my 455 VPT:

[Linked Image]
Does look very good. He did awesome. If you don’t mind was it just rustoleum spray paints? Wouldn’t mind to paint a McMillan I have that is factory gray to closer match my 260. Those colors would be close to a match.

I’m thinking of a 457 precision trainer or tacticool. Any thoughts as to if the precision with manners is worth the price difference.
Cool project, I hope he's hooked
Nice! All he needs now is a can. smile
Does look very good. He did awesome. If you don’t mind was it just rustoleum spray paints? Wouldn’t mind to paint a McMillan I have that is factory gray to closer match my 260. Those colors would be close to a match.

I’m thinking of a 457 precision trainer or tacticool. Any thoughts as to if the precision with manners is worth the price difference.

Looks like Krylon camo paint. Its behind the scope box in the first pic up top.
Thanks. If only I had been more observant I would have seen that

Yep, just Krylon. If you have the disposable income, cant go wrong with the Manners version. Id personally probably just go with the boyds if I were to do it over again and spend the savings on a can or scope.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Rugged Oculus on the way. Cant part with my Mask.
good on you pops. nothing like seeing that young mind working and the questions being asked. i've got a couple sons myself,age 15 and 8, that love to squeeze triggers themselves. we have to further our passion and teach them how to handle guns safely as i'm seriously concerned about our current generation of "men" coming up. most think if it happens on a gaming system that they can do it in real life. there is a disconnect somewhere amongst our current gen dudes. anywho off my soapbox now lol.
Big Ed
Originally Posted by warpig602

Hear that. I'm Mask × 2.

Hear that. I'm Mask × 2.

I will be soon as well, currently have the Spectre II, Mask, Oculus...and in need of another. Nothing really compares to Mask or Oculus but im also tempted by CGS Siren in carbon fiber.

Hear that. I'm Mask × 2.

I will be soon as well, currently have the Spectre II, Mask, Oculus...and in need of another. Nothing really compares to Mask or Oculus but im also tempted by CGS Siren in carbon fiber.

I hear ya. I like the Mask best, too.

Now that I have a recently purchased Hornady sonic cleaner, it's not even close.
When does he start taking orders?
That is too cool! Way to go getting him involved like that.
Very cool. Nice job by both of you😊
Kudos!! Smiling here!
That's doing it correctly! Very well done!
© 24hourcampfire