Home
Posted By: P_Weed Tactical Solutions ? - 09/13/19
While trying to sell a good revolver with no 'takers' . . .

I was able to trade it for a NIB Tactical Solutions ~ Takedown ~ X-Ring VR .22 LR
Rifle with Magpul 'Backpacker' Stock. I've never had anything like 'this before' - But I am excited.

<><> https://www.readygunner.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/tac-s.jpg <><>

Any opinions or comments about these rifles?

I also don't know what those two black holes on each end of the rear stock are for?
Sling maybe?
Posted By: killerv Re: Tactical Solutions ? - 09/13/19
Nice rifle, I have a factory takedown with the backpacker stock, big fan of the stock. With a fixed leupold 4x rimfire on it, still fits in factory ruger takedown case.

The holes are for a quick release sling kit. They are expensive.
Posted By: Rolltide Re: Tactical Solutions ? - 09/17/19
I can't comment on the take down, but I recently picked up a Tac Sol XR because a local range is talking about starting a Steel Challenge match.

Mine is the lightweight model in a Hogue stock. The match hasn't happened, but I did take it squirrel hunting.

In the squirrel woods, it's a joy to carry and it's very accurate.

Enjoy the new rifle!
Posted By: rj112275 Re: Tactical Solutions ? - 09/18/19
TacSol barrel here, on standard receiver. Good shooter for me.
Posted By: jk16 Re: Tactical Solutions ? - 09/18/19
Congradulations -you now own the ulrimate survival .22 IMHO.

Tac Sol has made good stuff for about as long as Kidd has..That gun should be a tack driver with quality ammo

The one advantage yoir rifle above has is that it's a factory Tac Sol build and will keep its value better than a complete custom home built rifle.

The holes are push button sling cup holes..The actual push button swivels can be had from Brownells for about $15 per pair. They are the best swivel design for tactical and utility use.

One word about the takedown feature and rezero /POI when assembling and reassembling...

Even if you adjust the barrel nut to be fairly snug , that gun WILL change point of imact when being reassembled if the sights are not attatched to the barrel.

You will be fine with the iron sights shown, but if you want that gun to maintain zero with an optic sight, it needs to be mounted to the barrel.

I learned that lesson the hard way years ago with several Browning .22 Auto takedowns.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Tactical Solutions ? - 09/20/19
TacSol makes great equipment. Have a Paclite upper on a Ruger MK III. It is a laser and a blast to shoot with the FF III and a can..

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
© 24hourcampfire