Home
A continuation of an earlier thread. I am now the owner of two Remington 541-T rifles. Both are NIB and never fired outside the factory if then. All paperwork, packing, and even a VHS tape included. One is a Heavy Barrel model, the other the Sporter weight barrel. I am planning on keeping one of them, but which one? I normally fire anything I own, but these are a bit different. One is date code LO Feb 94, the other is DP Sept 95 if I can read Remington codes correctly. Does NIB add value? Does firing them reduce value? Several folks have expressed interest, but not sure what I want to do.
Firing them probably will reduce the value some. Since test-firing to find the best shooter would involve a lot of shooting, I'd pick the one you like the best for whatever reason, then sell the other one, IF you really must.
I might be interested in the Sporter weight depending on..... I've been looking for one to go with my 541S for a while now....

Bob
I could keep both, but already have a few 22LR rifles. Wife did not like the Heavy Barrel, and I have a Kimber 82 Government that is a HEAVY barrel. I have had several rifles that were close to NIB, these two I am 99.9% sure they are NIB even thought they are about 25 years old.
Smithrjd: I would keep them both.
You can never have to many 22 rimfire Rifles!
If you want to sell the heavy barrel model be sure to let me know.
Enjoy!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
I was just out shooting my recently acquired T today. Great rifle. I really have no use/need for a heavy barreled rimfire.
I do have one set of mounts, rings, and a spare scope so.. Not quite as good a deal as EdM, but close. Registered in my name and all fees paid, I'm into the pair at $1025. I have to stop finding these things, I can pass one off with the Boss but two at a time, I get the stink eye. Can't really see how I can loose on this deal however. I have decided that I am going to "thin the herd" but just not sure when. I just know most of what I would sell I would not be able to easily replace, and they would cost a bunch more money if I were to do so.
FWIW, I've got both rifles as does my father.

Most days, the sporter will outshoot the heavy barrel, but both shoot incredibly well. If I weren't in Purge mode, paying for the new Vudoo's and Annie, I'd be keeping mine...they really are wonderful rifles.
I was out with mine and a 70's vintage M700 ADL 270 and they both handled the same at the bench.
© 24hourcampfire