Home
Posted By: pacecars High Standard Supermatic - 11/11/19
Just found a Hartford made High Standard Supermatic Citation with the 7 1/4” fluted barrel for $500. Thinking about picking it up and either having the barrel threaded and front sight moved back or get it and find a short bull barrel to thread. It isn’t collector grade but is in very good shape. The can is a 9 inch Titanium so it is long and light. Seems like a heck of a good price considering how much I paid for the last one I bought. What do you think? Play or pass? [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Be hard to pass.

If that is the factory barrel I would find another to thread.
Posted By: smithrjd Re: High Standard Supermatic - 11/11/19
They are great pistols, mine is a '69. I wouldn't sell mine for that. If you mount the can you can throw at least $250 out the window. Their value is in the collector market. It would be a shame to ruin a classic bullseye pistol with a "CAN"
Posted By: wiley Re: High Standard Supermatic - 11/11/19
These folks used to make barrels for HS, https://www.tacticalsol.com
It's a simple matter to un plug the original with no mods to the original!
Buy it
That’s an awful nice pistol. I’ve never owned one, but have always liked them. Hasbeen
Posted By: pacecars Re: High Standard Supermatic - 11/11/19
Brownells has a 5 1/2” barrel for $138 so that might be the route to take
Posted By: pacecars Re: High Standard Supermatic - 11/11/19
Well poo! According to the description it only fits the push button take down models which this one is not
Pacecars: I would jump on it myself.
In my collection of High Standards I have several Supermatic Citations and Supermatic Tournaments.
My "jump" would be for "collecting/investment" purposes and not for diminishing it's value by "adding a can" to it.
Best of luck to you if you decide to "jump on it".
I would ESPECIALLY "jump on it" if it was being offered by a private party.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: Kp321 Re: High Standard Supermatic - 11/11/19
Buy it by all means. It is undervalued enough to justify buying a replacement barrel to thread. I think the QD stud can be removed to fit that pistol.
Posted By: PennDog Re: High Standard Supermatic - 11/11/19
What the others have said - it is the most accurate pistol for me to shoot that I have and it’s not even close. I can shoot this pistol better than a S&W 41 (not saying it’s more accurate just that I shoot it better offhand). It would be the last pistol I’d sell - I like it that much. Goes without saying that I would not alter that barrel personally.

PennDog
Posted By: Dryfly24 Re: High Standard Supermatic - 11/12/19
I would buy that in a heart beat. Wish I hadn’t sold mine. Please don’t destroy that work of art if you do.
© 24hourcampfire