Home
Posted By: SockPuppet They Got Me Again! - 11/14/19
That is, a shop that I frequent when on the road for business. They usually have a good selection, fair prices, and are just really good folks. They must have known about my rimfire problem, as this beauty was eye level with the other levers. Couldn't bring myself to leave it there so she'll make the return trip with me. This will make 1 more Marlin 39 than Win 94 so I'll need to even the score in the future.

Glamour shots on the hotel loveseat:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: They Got Me Again! - 11/14/19
Wow, that's great!
Posted By: Dryfly24 Re: They Got Me Again! - 11/14/19
Nice score! smile
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: They Got Me Again! - 11/15/19
SockPuppet: Good for you - what a cool Rifle!
Is this Model 39 going to be a "collector" or a "shooter"?
Enjoy it whichever way you go.
Sure is in great shape for a 49 year old Rifle.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: killerv Re: They Got Me Again! - 11/15/19
nice one!

my local shop had a couple good old 22s this week, a winchetser 74 and 77, both made it home
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: They Got Me Again! - 11/15/19
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
SockPuppet: Good for you - what a cool Rifle!
Is this Model 39 going to be a "collector" or a "shooter"?
Enjoy it whichever way you go.
Sure is in great shape for a 49 year old Rifle.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

VG, it will be a shooter. It came from a local collection where the gentleman had passed away, so his widow consigned them to this shop. The tag indicated that it's never been fired, though I have no way to prove that and it didn't come with the box. It has a few small handling marks and I see no reason not to use it as JM intended, though I'll use care.
Posted By: dave284 Re: They Got Me Again! - 11/17/19
That octagon barrel would be hard to pass on.

SWEET!
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: They Got Me Again! - 11/17/19
Took it out yesterday and the old girl shot just fine. I sure enjoy shooting rimfire levers. Both of the daughters tried it out and the oldest definitely took a shine to it. She's getting pretty good at dropping hints on the guns she likes. smile
Posted By: Creeker Re: They Got Me Again! - 11/17/19
Those are nice rifles.
Posted By: Robster Re: They Got Me Again! - 12/11/19
WOW!!!! I love it. I have the same one, only it is scoped. My dad gave it to me when he stopped hunting and even having any interest in guns. I absolutely LOVE shooting it. One of my favorite guns. Congratulations on the great score!!
Posted By: killerv Re: They Got Me Again! - 12/11/19
I know where one of those is sitting right now, what's going rate on these? To be honest, the bling turned me off when I picked it up.
© 24hourcampfire