Home
Never owned a Cooper but have admired them a long time. Found a 57m in a pawn shop today with wood stock, stainless barrel, Nikon 6.5-20 scope on it. The lop is only like 12" don't know if it was ordered that way but looks like a good job if it was cut. Setup is in excellent condition. Would it be worth 1350.00
Given that the Nikon 6.5-20 in good condition is worth around $300 that brings the price down to $1050 for the rifle, but the downside is it being chambered in a not very high demand cartridge. The 12" LOP is a deal killer IMO, whether it was a special order or cut afterwards that puts it being saleable to only a very select audience.

I have a few Coopers and like them a lot but I would have no trouble at all in walking away from that one.

drover

If the LOP was the standard 13.5" it would easily worth that. With it being 12" it is a much smaller market as drover stated and you will have a much tougher time getting your money back out of it if you ever decide to sell. A Cooper JSR in Mach 2 is on my bucket list, but it will have a standard LOP. grin
How difficult is it to increase the LOP by 1.5 inch’s?
Not difficult but would look like crap.
Originally Posted by limabean
Not difficult but would look like crap.

I agree. Even a professional job would be fairly obvious and a value killer.
Remember, a pawn shop price is just a suggestion!! Walk in and fan 10 100 dollar bills and I'l bet you walk out the door with it. You can always look for a used stock. Hornady is making ammo again. Love my Mach 2 Coopers.
© 24hourcampfire