Home
Posted By: Hiaring8 New 22 is ready to rock - 12/26/19
CDNN closeout 10/22 SS Bull Barrel, Laminate Stock. EuroOptic Closeout Nikon Monarch Tac 3-12x42 Mil, burris zee rings and she is ready to rock. Been wanting a little nicer 22 for ground squirrel and grouse. Heavy at 8#13oz, but hopefully its a Tack Driver.

Have approx 26k rounds of various .22 ammo - should be able to find something that works in it.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: New 22 is ready to rock - 12/26/19
Hiaring8: I have several Ruger 10/22's that i have set-up for Ground Squirrel hunting.
Including the same stainless heavy barrel gray laminate stocked model as yours.
It is "quite" accurate in my limited experience (second year with this gun) and have only had it to the range a couple of times.
It has been afield MANY times though and has held point of impact and the trigger on mine (factory stock) is surprisingly pleasant.
I very much enjoy the "extra weight" of the heavy stainless barrel and the laminated wood stock.
Mine prefers the Winchester 40 grain Power-Points - the Gopher sure don't though.
Good luck with yours - 4 months or so til Gopher season here - got 13" of snow here yesterday!
Weathermen (two of them!) predicted 1" (one inch!) - so much for their proficiency.
Gonna make travelling to the gunshow (70 miles each way) a bit dicey tomorrow.
Enjoy your new Rifle and be sure to try the 40 grain Winchester Power-Points.
Long live the Ruger 10/22
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: I also highly recommend the newish Ruger 10/22 "fifteen" round magazines - they don't hang down to far and they function perfectly (at least in my 10/22's).
Posted By: Hiaring8 Re: New 22 is ready to rock - 12/27/19
I have a cheap Remington 597 that everytime I shot the 32 grain hollowpoints, the bullets would bend and jam - everytime. So I switched to 40 grain solids and hardly ever had an issue. So now most of my ammo stash is the standard 40 grain solid loads at 1240-1250 FPS.
Posted By: ned Re: New 22 is ready to rock - 12/27/19
that's a beauty, i have a soft spot for laminated stocks.
Mine loves Velocitors. Looks nice
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: New 22 is ready to rock - 12/27/19
First thing I would shoot is that Patriots helmet smile

Nice rig, let us know how she shoots.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: New 22 is ready to rock - 12/27/19
A couple of range pals bought those and like them a lot. I ponied up a bit more and got the CSC model that has the same trigger, but some other raisins in its cookie as well. Like it pretty well too. Need another .22 (anything really) like I need another winky, but those are a screaming deal, and attractive to boot.
Posted By: EdM Re: New 22 is ready to rock - 12/27/19
Nice. I came very close to buying one of those.
Posted By: kellory Re: New 22 is ready to rock - 12/27/19
Very nice. Hope it is everything you expect.
© 24hourcampfire