Home
Posted By: FAIR_CHASE Ruger LCP II 22 lr - 01/14/20
Got one on order, should have it next Wed.

Anyone have any hands on experience?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: BlueDuck Re: Ruger LCP II 22 lr - 01/15/20
Nope, but I intend to when I can find one.
Posted By: n8dawg6 Re: Ruger LCP II 22 lr - 01/15/20
theyll sell tons of those little bastards
Posted By: Aspencreek Re: Ruger LCP II 22 lr - 01/15/20
I'm now the owner of the LCP II 22lr. Was at a gunshow last weekend and in the very last aisle there was someone selling a bunch of handguns including the LCP 22. Handled it and definitely liked how easy the slide action is compared to my LCP II .380 version. Other than the lighter slide and a safety, it is almost identical to 380. I've been carrying the 380 as a pocket pistol for a year or two and really like the size of it and it shoots quite well for being tiny. Anyway, guy at show had a very good price so I bought it on the spot. While sitting there doing the paperwork I asked the guy how the show was going as it looked to be tons of people. He said he's only sold 2 firearms today and mine was the 2nd LCP 22. He said he didn't think that item would even really sell so he only ordered two and both were now gone.

Here's a pic of my 22 pistols now. NAA Black Widow in 22LR, LCP II 22LR, and Smith & Wesson Compact 22LR. Probably going to sell the Smith as I don't ever really use it and now with the Ruger I don't see when I would again.

[Linked Image from backyardlivingsource.com]
Posted By: DollarShort Re: Ruger LCP II 22 lr - 01/16/20
Looks nifty
Posted By: killerv Re: Ruger LCP II 22 lr - 01/17/20
i'll get one, they are gonna sell the heck out of them

I'd be hesitant to sell my smith compact, I love that gun
Posted By: FAIR_CHASE Re: Ruger LCP II 22 lr - 01/18/20
20 velocitors loaded and ready to party but no way to get there frown

Posted By: 117LBS Re: Ruger LCP II 22 lr - 01/19/20
hmmmmmmmmm...........how much it weigh?
Posted By: FAIR_CHASE Re: Ruger LCP II 22 lr - 01/19/20
11 oz
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: Ruger LCP II 22 lr - 01/19/20
I ran eleven rounds through one a couple days ago. There were no bobbles with the feed, function or firing. Accuracy was certainly good enough for the intended purpose. (Or at least what I think is the pistol's intended purpose.) I did notice that the pistol I shot seemed to shoot just a fuzz to the right, say, 3/4" or so from the spot I was aiming at. I was shooting from 10 yards, and was able to keep the 11 rounds in a 2 inch circle. I predict Ruger will be selling these guns for many years to come.
You stopped at 11? Guessing not yours? Regardless, that's 11 more than me.

Also guessing they will sell a bunch, especially once the price drops sub $300.

The only internet complaint I've heard is light primer strikers. Guess I will find out next week after a few hundred.
Posted By: Aspencreek Re: Ruger LCP II 22 lr - 01/19/20
Originally Posted by FAIR_CHASE

The only internet complaint I've heard is light primer strikers. Guess I will find out next week after a few hundred.

Mine was $285 at the gun show. That was about the only deal I saw - everything else there seemed to be priced by guys that don't know the Internet exists. Been busy so haven't had a chance to shoot mine yet, but should be able to do so in a couple days and will report if I get light strikes.
Great price and double great from a gun show.

MSRP is $349 and most retailers seem to be $309-$329. Also most do not have them in stock. Ordered mine through Sportman's Warehouse.
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: Ruger LCP II 22 lr - 01/19/20

Used gun that came back in to the shop where I work. Original owner had fired it and said he had experienced malfunctions. When he left, I loaded it with a handful of mixed 22 LR and zipped through a loaded mag +1 round for the pipe. Said customer frequently has operator induced issues with firearms. Nice guy, though.
Posted By: Nebraska Re: Ruger LCP II 22 lr - 01/19/20
Originally Posted by Aspencreek

Mine was $285 at the gun show. That was about the only deal I saw - everything else there seemed to be priced by guys that don't know the Internet exists. Been busy so haven't had a chance to shoot mine yet, but should be able to do so in a couple days and will report if I get light strikes.

Good grab! Would love to try one of these out......
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Ruger LCP II 22 lr - 01/19/20
Maybe I’ll finally have time to try mine out next weekend. Plan to feed it a steady dose of CCI Stingers.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Ruger LCP II 22 lr - 01/19/20
Great price and double great from a gun show.

MSRP is $349 and most retailers seem to be $309-$329. Also most do not have them in stock. Ordered mine through Sportman's Warehouse.

Yep. I payed $349 for the 1st one in my LGS.
Posted By: Alaninga Re: Ruger LCP II 22 lr - 01/21/20
$279 or $297 (forgot which) at the GS this weekend. Only 2nd one they’ve received. I should have bought it 😥
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Ruger LCP II 22 lr - 01/21/20
Originally Posted by Alaninga
$279 or $297 at the GS this weekend. Only 2nd one they’ve received. I should have bought it 😥

Yep
Posted By: FAIR_CHASE Re: Ruger LCP II 22 lr - 01/21/20
Put about 25 mags through the lcp and with a few different flavors today. I had one FTE and the only light primer strikers were all with stingers.

The fixed sights were very close to point of aim at 15 yards

My only complaint is the safety is easy to inadvertently engage; happened 4 or 5 times.

Posted By: killerv Re: Ruger LCP II 22 lr - 01/22/20
My lgs sold their first for 329. No way I'm paying that for one. I'm sure prices will come down.
Posted By: jstert Re: Ruger LCP II 22 lr - 01/27/20
i got one when first announced for $295, free shipping to ffl, from kygunco. in two outings ran 400+ various 22lr rounds through it. only hiccups were with federal bulk lead nose ammo. i added hogue beavertail grips for a wider grip. the lcp 22 is a solid hit and mine will be a ccw after another 500 famfire rounds.

Attached picture 66595387-27AC-4DDC-99B9-8A70F4CF1A52.jpeg
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: Ruger LCP II 22 lr - 01/31/20
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
I ran eleven rounds through one a couple days ago. There were no bobbles with the feed, function or firing. Accuracy was certainly good enough for the intended purpose. (Or at least what I think is the pistol's intended purpose.) I did notice that the pistol I shot seemed to shoot just a fuzz to the right, say, 3/4" or so from the spot I was aiming at. I was shooting from 10 yards, and was able to keep the 11 rounds in a 2 inch circle. I predict Ruger will be selling these guns for many years to come.

Thanks for the brief report. I may need one. I haven't actually seen one yet so, we'll see what happens. Not in a rush.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Ruger LCP II 22 lr - 02/01/20
FWIW, .22 Plinkster really likes them. Says they're easy to hit with.

Might need one as a backup to my 3" M63😛
Posted By: Bearcat74 Re: Ruger LCP II 22 lr - 02/05/20

I just got one of these today, have not had a chance to shoot it yet, but I have question. I disassembled and clean it and noticed the rifling is super thin, like hard to even see thin. Had anyone else noticed if there’s looks that way?

Thanks
Posted By: FAIR_CHASE Re: Ruger LCP II 22 lr - 02/05/20
Originally Posted by Bearcat74

I just got one of these today, have had a chance to shoot it yet, but I have question. I disassembled and clean it and noticed the rifling is super thin, like hard to even see thin. Had anyone else noticed if there’s looks that way?

Thanks

It's enough to spin the bullet. Accuracy is better than is should be. I painted the front sight orange which helped a lot in getting on target quicker. Put 100 velocitors through it yesterday, zero failures to do anything except go bang.
Posted By: Bearcat74 Re: Ruger LCP II 22 lr - 02/05/20
Originally Posted by Bearcat74

I just got one of these today, have had a chance to shoot it yet, but I have question. I disassembled and clean it and noticed the rifling is super thin, like hard to even see thin. Had anyone else noticed if there’s looks that way?

Thanks

It's enough to spin the bullet. Accuracy is better than is should be. I painted the front sight orange which helped a lot in getting on target quicker. Put 100 velocitors through it yesterday, zero failures to do anything except go bang.

Good deal, I just thought mine looked very faint in the rifling. Hopefully I can run some round through it soon.
Posted By: FAIR_CHASE Re: Ruger LCP II 22 lr - 02/06/20
Today another 100rds and zero issues.
No secret but painting the front sight orange helps acquire target a lot faster.

Nice that Ruger includes a pocket holster but it wouldn't stay in my pocket consistently when removing the LCP. Purchased this one off Amazon and seems to work very well plus nice to have the option for IWB carry.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008UGE6B0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

© 24hourcampfire