Home
Posted By: MuskegMan What's a good 10/22 Trigger? - 02/10/20

I want to get an aftermarket 10/22 trigger. What's a good, reasonably priced ( up to $100) one?
Posted By: k2nd Re: What's a good 10/22 Trigger? - 02/10/20
The easiest way to improve the 10/22 trigger is to buy a Ruger BX trigger. I have one and it has a nice crisp 2 lb pull. It costs about $60 online, just not at shopruger.com.
k2nd
I guess I got lucky mine is right under 3lbs off of the shelf. So I didn’t have to spend those extra dollars everyone else seems to do.
Depending on how light you are looking for there are several options.
Send the factory trigger into Brimstone and spend 70.00.
Buy a trigger kit and rebuild the factory unit yourself.
Buy a Ruger BX as already mentioned.
Buy a rifle basix unit used if you can find one.
There’s a start for ya.
I have two bx triggers and am very happy with them.
Get the kit--its easy to install
Kidd trigger parts work pretty smooth.for me. Better than my BX...
I am thrilled with my BX trigger.
BX, I also have a brimstone teir 2, its pretty nice but don't know if its 50 bucks nicer than the bx, looks better though.
Posted By: T_O_M Re: What's a good 10/22 Trigger? - 02/11/20
I bought a Jard 1 pound trigger for a 10/22 years back and have kept it as 10/22s come and go in my safe. It is way ahead of any parts replacement tune-up I've seen, better than the Ruger BX by a lot. Not sure it is quite as good as Kidd or Volquartsen .. lighter pull weight but a touch more creep, so a tradeoff.

Whether someone else would appreciate it, don't know. I'm used to Jewell triggers set 4-6 ounces on my centerfire varmint rifles. If you like that, then I'd say the Jard is worth a try. If you don't appreciate it, or don't think you need it, then probably don't bother with the Jard.

... and, finally ... this is a sample of 1. Maybe every other trigger Jard ever made sucks, I don't know, all I know about is **my** particular example and it is pretty damned good.

Tom

Thanks for the input guys - I sprung for the BX to the tune of $70.
Here's a Jard unit.

I've rebuilt older 10-22 triggers with Clark and Volquartsen parts. The Jard is good, has a different safety and internal set up.

My Ruger rebuilt triggers are actually better, IMO, than the Jard.

DF

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Shot the BX trigger this weekend. It's better than the OEM offering. Fixed the problems I was having - namely the trigger hanging up and not fully resetting for the next shot.
Originally Posted by k2nd
The easiest way to improve the 10/22 trigger is to buy a Ruger BX trigger. I have one and it has a nice crisp 2 lb pull. It costs about $60 online, just not at shopruger.com.
k2nd

+1
Brimstone...
I have tried most of them and Kidd has been my favorite.
Originally Posted by swampkid

Same here, I have tried most of them and Kidd is the best.

The trigger job kit in a poly housing is the best return on money spent. I can get them down to less than a lb reliably. Or anywhere in between up to 3 lb with his spring kit..
Posted By: JMR40 Re: What's a good 10/22 Trigger? - 03/23/20
I wish Ruger would just make the BX trigger standard, I think they do with certain rifles. But then they couldn't make money selling them.
I have owned a Kidd and currently have a Timney Calvin Elite that I am very happy with. It’s a very nice unit and I really like being able to swap trigger shoes, length of pull, etc
Originally Posted by swampkid

Likewise. Kidd is the best I've used.

It will spoil you.
© 24hourcampfire