Home
Posted By: Lennie Ruger 10-22 and 77/22 magazines - 03/19/20
A question for the experts, visually how do you determine which is which? I have 10-22s and a 77/22. I am Not sure, which of all my magazines goes to which. Please help.
If I remember right the 10/22 mag is rounded on the bottom ( slight curve)and the 77/22 is flat. It might be the other way around but believe as stated to be right. I’ll check and post back if I’m wrong.
Flat vs round bottoms. I was able to use them interchangeably
Originally Posted by JMR40
Flat vs round bottoms. I was able to use them interchangeably

Me too
No issue here using the 10/22 mags in a 77/22.
Right, only real difference is bottom contour to more closely match the stock - functionally they interchange.
Lennie: They indeed are interchangeable and like others have mentioned, there is a slight curve to the bottom of the Ruger 77/22 magazines as compared to the flat bottomed Ruger 10/22 magazines.
"We" (my Gopher Hunting partners and I) discovered this difference MANY years ago when we bought our first Ruger 77/22's and went to "epoxy" our new Ruger 77/22 ten shot magazines together for ease and aid in rapid fire Varmint Hunting.
We were greatly puzzled at this rounding and could never figure out why Ruger incorporated this slight difference in the two different models magazines?
Still can't.
To solve our dilemma we simply found someone with a belt sander and quickly/easily "flattened" the bottoms of our Ruger 77/22 magazines and they easily epoxied together then, giving us a rather quick 20 shot capability.
The Ruger 10 shot rotary magazines, IMO & IME, are simply one of THE greatest inventions in firearms loading - EVER!
Handy, handsome, Out of the way, reliable, virtually indestructible and rather inexpensive - yeah to say they are simply a great invention is a gross understatement!
Long live Sturm Ruger Corporation.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Same here never had a problem switching between the two.
© 24hourcampfire