Home
Posted By: HShunter36 TC Hot Shot 22lr - 03/22/20
Found a NIB TC Hot Shot 22lr at a sale over the weekend. Been looking for one for several years. My son turns 4 next month so that’s going to be his present from dad. I’ve read positive things about them but have no first hand experience. Just wondering what guys that own them think.
Posted By: 4th_point Re: TC Hot Shot 22lr - 03/22/20
Don't own one, but I wish I bought one when they were under $200. Now it's discontinued. Kicking myself ever since. We have a Savage Rascal for the kids, and absolutely love it. Ideally, we'd have both, for shooting CB Longs.

The other favorite is a Ruger Charger, but the Rascal actually gets more use.
Posted By: 4th_point Re: TC Hot Shot 22lr - 03/23/20
I believe Digital Dan uses a Hot Shot for hunting.
Posted By: MichiganScott Re: TC Hot Shot 22lr - 03/23/20
I bought one for my grandkids, but that didn't work out. My wife appropriated it and consistently shoots dime size groups at 25 yards. The trigger is not match quality, but plenty good on a boy's type rifle. If the barrel is not supported when opening the action, you get a "kachunk" that makes me cringe.

It stays in the safe with the Chipmunk and RAR compact rimfire.
Posted By: HShunter36 Re: TC Hot Shot 22lr - 03/24/20
Thank you for the responses. I’m looking forward to watching my son learn how to shoot. My parents gave me a chipmunk 22lr when I turned five and I thought it was the best gift a young boy could receive. I still have it, so I guess my son will have two youth 22lr to enjoy.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: TC Hot Shot 22lr - 03/24/20
I’m shootin’ plain Jane Contenders, but there isn’t much difference.
Posted By: GWPGUY Re: TC Hot Shot 22lr - 03/24/20
Morning from Canucastan 🇨🇦 Same here, bought one for the grand kids & I use it for walks. Only about 3 1/2 lbs & ya shoots itty bitty groups @25yds. Haven't used it at 50yds on paper but hitting stuff out there seems easy. Wish I'd hand one when trapping. Looking down the bbl with the naked eye or magnifying glass it is really smooth with little to no tooling marks. Hope ya find one, good luck. Bill out. 🐾👣🐾👣🇨🇦
Posted By: LeonHitchcox Re: TC Hot Shot 22lr - 03/24/20
The coon hunters here love them as a handy field rifle.
Posted By: KodiakHntr Re: TC Hot Shot 22lr - 03/29/20
I keep the one I bought for my boy when he was 4 stuffed in my pack all elk season for shooting ruffies with cb shorts. Light, quiet, handy.
Posted By: tmitch Re: TC Hot Shot 22lr - 03/29/20
My LGS got one in a couple years ago and I ran over there post haste and claimed it for my grandkids. It's the Camo/Weather Shield (silver) model and came with a stock spacer and T/C case. I found a scope rail on ebay for it but haven't put it on. I feed it CB Longs or CCI Quiets. Only problem for me is I can't get my face down on the stock far enough to use the peep. Works perfect for the 7 & 11 year old, they love it!
© 24hourcampfire