Home
Best I can tell this is a Marlin Model 70. The barrel is stamped Coast To Coast Stores Model CC440 - MARLIN FIREARMS CO. North Haven, Conn. It's a 18&1/2 " barrel, semiauto, LR only that's fed with a seven shot, chrome plated, detachable magazine and has a 4x15, 1/2" Glenfield scope that I believe was sold with it. Condition is 95% or better, functions perfect.

The owners father bought it and a plastic, old CCI style 50 round box of ammo labeled Coast To Cost Hardware (still has a few rounds in it) at a CTCH store back in the 70s. I see a plain Model 70 Marlin, not "Coast To Coast Stores" on Gun Broker listed at $200 and no bids. Any thoughts on how much if any does the promotional CTC Stores factor add to the value?
It doesn't add anything to the value, the hardware store guns usually had birch stocks instead of walnut, though in the case of the Marlins, they all used birch, some just had different patterns on the impressed "checkering". Only the 99C Marlins had walnut stocks, IIRC.

I have a Coast-to-Coast M40 myself, basically the standard model with 22" barrel and full-length tube magazine. Grandma had bought one for Grandpa and I liked it. My birthday was coming up, and Dad bought one for me, too. I killed a truckload of squirrels and rabbits with it, and still have it. The price in 1971 was $39.95. I got a Weaver D-4 scope for it on Christmas, and with that, I made the local squirrels terrified of me. Even running rabbits weren't safe, I killed a lot of them in front of my cousin and his 20 double.

I'd reckon that yours might be worth $150 now, but you can buy a new one for nearly the same price now. The box magazine guns seem to be a bit more reliable than the tube guns. I know mine was not stellar in reliability, particularly with the promotional ammo I could afford back then (Winchester Wildcats, Remington Mohawks, Federal Champions, they had loose bullets in the cases, and only shot "okay") That led me to CCIs, which were somewhat better quality.
Thanks for the info.
There is a brand cross reference lookup under the support area at www.gunpartscorp.com.
First rifle I bought with my own money when I was 16 was a C-to-C Model 40. Actually had it out last week and shot it for the first time in probably close to 40 years. Functioned and cycled well. Still fun to shoot. $150 might be a tad high for an estimate of value, though . . . or it may not be.

Killed a lot of rabbits and squirrels with that rifle back in the day.
© 24hourcampfire