Home
Posted By: PeeDeeRiver RAR target vs Tikka T1x - 03/27/20
For those that have or have had one or both, which do you prefer? Torn between the two right now. For me, the pros of the RAR target is its available in SS and takes 10/22 mags. Cons would be weight. Pros of the Tikka would be low weight and the ability to swap to variety of stocks/chassis. Cons would be not available in SS. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: micky Re: RAR target vs Tikka T1x - 03/28/20
While both have their positives and negatives, I would expect greater accuracy out of a Tikka. Maybe I'm being bias, but that's what I would expect. That's probably why surviving this self quarantine in a house with one wife, two dogs and three daughters, I will be buying myself a Tikka t1x to celebrate.
Posted By: JMR40 Re: RAR target vs Tikka T1x - 03/28/20
I had this Ruger

https://ruger.com/products/americanRimfire/specSheets/8334.html

It was less accurate than my 10-22 and wouldn't reliably eject spent brass unless the bolt was pulled back vigorously. The target version may, or may not be better. This has the same trigger as the target, which was good. Same action, the barrel may be better. But the Tikka I replaced the Ruger with is a shooting machine.
Posted By: drover Re: RAR target vs Tikka T1x - 03/28/20
Having owned two of the standard RAR's and now owning a Tikka T1x there is no comparison. The Tikka shoots any ammo, including inexpensive bulk ammo, into half-inch 5 shot groups at 50 yards, the RAR's would not do that on their best day even with match quality ammo.

drover
Had the rar target. Have the t1x. No comparison in accuracy.
Thanks fellas. Looks like it'll be the Tikka.
© 24hourcampfire