Home
Posted By: Lorin best red dot for ruger mkiii - 05/21/20
looking for a good red dot sight (not tube) for my target model MKIII. Would like to keep it under $300. Was hoping to get some input from users here. I have read up on the Burris FF3, and the Vortec venom.
Posted By: ring3 Re: best red dot for ruger mkiii - 05/22/20
Have a couple Burris FFIIIs. Like them a lot. Don’t hear many complaints about them or their predecessor FFII.
Posted By: micky Re: best red dot for ruger mkiii - 05/22/20
You want a red dot on a target rifle? Red dots are known for speed not accuracy. Do you want an illuminated reticle?
The FFs are good and light. The Bushnell TR-25 is also good and cheap, if you wait for them to go on sale. A range pal has a bunch of those with no problems so far.
since when is a Ruger MKIII a 'target rifle'?.....
Probably can't go wrong with either of your choices. I have a FF on a Glock 10mm and it's held up through a couple hundred rounds so it should hold up well on a .22. I would suggest mounting whatever you get as low as possible. I have a hard time finding the dot on my Buckmark with the red dot mounted on top of the rail but have no problem with the 10mm with it screwed directly to the slide. One of the lowest I've seen is the one from Maddmacs
Posted By: Lorin Re: best red dot for ruger mkiii - 05/22/20
Thank you all. appreciate the replies. And this is for a mkIII target pistol. Not a rifle.
Recently put a Burris FF 11 on my new Ruger MK IV.

Shot it a little, and got good groups with it, but the trigger needs work.

This sight works well, and has a positive on/off switch. I'm Very happy with it!

The pistol is now at the 'Smith getting a trigger job.

Can't wait to wring it out some more, and shoot some "vermin" with it. (GRIN!)

Virgil B.
Originally Posted by Pappy348
The FFs are good and light. The Bushnell TR-25 is also good and cheap, if you wait for them to go on sale. A range pal has a bunch of those with no problems so far.

I like the TRS-25 as well, if that is what you meant by "TR-25". Very good little red dot for the money. I've had the one on mine for probably 8 years now. Target aqcuisition is very fast and it holds nice tight groups. It is easy to adjust and stays zeroed. I also like the small dot, as compared to other red dots, for more precise work. I'd love to try one of the Burris red dot's like the FFII or FFIII, but will continue to use the TRS-25, until it goes belly up..

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Lorin Re: best red dot for ruger mkiii - 05/22/20
thank you gentlemen. I ordered a ff3 from cameralandny. posts much appreciated.
© 24hourcampfire