Home
Has anyone owned or know much about the Can-Am Outlander 450 Max? We're selling our Honda Pioneer 500 because it's redundant when we already have a jeep. Think we'd like an ATV that I can ride on more like a motorcycle and I hear the Outlander Max is a good machine. The 450 puts out 38 ponies which seems plenty.
my boss just traded for 2 outlanders this summer. I don't recall seeing 'max' on them, tho. So far they've been great machines.I'm still having a hard time getting used to the ig key on the left, and the funky brake lock.....

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
We bought one earlier this year and like it. Not too many hours on it.
the "max" means its a lengthened wheelbase version suitable for riding 2 up

I have an older 800 max that I really like for my work , it handles weight on the back like a couple bags of mineral really nice , and it is more stable climbing and on sidehills than a smaller machine

I think they still come with a toolbox that replaces the second seat , thats the way I run mine
I know this is an old thread but I just found it. I have a 450 max and have had it about a year now. I mainly ride it for fun but also use it around the house. It will do anything that I ask of it without any issues. If I had a farm or needed heavy duty work I believe I would get a Honda but for all around use mine has been great.
I bought a 2017 in the fall when the 2018's were coming out. I like it OK. It has plenty of power for a lil 450. I love the power steering. The 4x4 is OK. Starts great, even in the cold. It was in the shop for a month when I first got it because of some recall on the steering. That was irritating. But no issues since.

I wouldn't buy it again. I'd buy a Honda Rancher or a Kodiak 450 for that size machine.
I haven't personally ridden them, but hear the CanAm and Polaris have a great ride to them and make pretty good power for the displacement. But for me, my main priority is reliability, so I went with a Yamaha. The last thing I want is to break down up on a mountain, especially if I'm way back where you can't get a truck to. But if you're just cruising around with open access, I'm sure it's fine.
© 24hourcampfire