Home
Posted By: Oklahomahunter SXS tires - 11/12/20
My dad picked up a 2015 Mule FXT today. It needs new tires but neither of us have ever had one. It’s got 30x10-14 tires on it now and would like to go back with the same size. Mainly dirt/sand. There’s always the possibility of a little mud. The main thing is I need an 8 ply at the minimum. Mesquite is bad around our place and I don’t want o be fixing flats all the time. Well run slime or something in them probably as well. Ideas?
Posted By: kingston Re: SXS tires - 11/12/20
ITP Baja Cross XD are awesome tires and Made in the USA.

I put a set on my Kubota RTV-X1120D. Fantastic tire, super stout, doesn't load up, great in the mud, great on pavement, easy on turf.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: SXS tires - 11/12/20

Punch that tire size into a search here on this link

plenty of choices

https://www.discounttiredirect.com/buy-tires/bfgoodrich-mud-terrain-t-a-km3/p/37650
Posted By: tikkanut Re: SXS tires - 11/12/20

or these ??

https://www.discounttiredirect.com/buy-tires/gbc-motorsports-spartacus/p/36209
Posted By: JPro Re: SXS tires - 11/12/20
After a lot of reading, I went with ITP Blackwater Evo tires on my Mule. 8-ply rated radial, 1" deep all-terrain tread, and made in the USA. They've been around a while and I've heard of a lot of folks that actually wore them out instead of tearing them up along the way. I'm a fan of ITP and Maxxis when it comes to good tires these days.
Posted By: kingston Re: SXS tires - 11/12/20
Originally Posted by JPro
After a lot of reading, I went with ITP Blackwater Evo tires on my Mule. 8-ply rated radial, 1" deep all-terrain tread, and made in the USA. They've been around a while and I've heard of a lot of folks that actually wore them out instead of tearing them up along the way. I'm a fan of ITP and Maxxis when it comes to good tires these days.

That was the other tire I considered. It was just about a coin toss.
Posted By: JPro Re: SXS tires - 11/12/20
Yep, and I also looked at the Baja Cross XD that you are running. My terrain leans more toward mud than sand or rock, so I went with the more open tread design. Drier areas likely don't really need as much void/tread ratio.
Posted By: Oklahomahunter Re: SXS tires - 11/12/20
He bought the damned thing for $4500 since it hadn’t run in a year. I spent 2 hours draining fluids, replacing the battery, and messing with it yesterday. When I turned the key it busted right off and ran great. Now it just needs some cleaning and it’ll be great.

The only things it needed was tires and a battery. I’ll check out the ITPs and other options mentioned.

Thanks guys.
Posted By: 7_08FAN Re: SXS tires - 11/13/20
Not a fan of Slime. Check out Purple Goo.
Posted By: kingston Re: SXS tires - 11/13/20
Originally Posted by Oklahomahunter
He bought the damned thing for $4500 since it hadn’t run in a year. I spent 2 hours draining fluids, replacing the battery, and messing with it yesterday. When I turned the key it busted right off and ran great. Now it just needs some cleaning and it’ll be great.

The only things it needed was tires and a battery. I’ll check out the ITPs and other options mentioned.

Thanks guys.

Stole it!
Posted By: Boise Re: SXS tires - 11/14/20
I'm cheap and watched on FB market place and bought a set of 4 Dirt Commanders for $250. Guy bought them, had them mounted, and didn't like how they looked so pulled them off. I see lots of great UTV tire deals on take off tires. It's common for people to buy a new UTV and pull the tires and even the wheels. If you look you'll find a deal.

Or if you have the money then do your research and buy tires ideal for your riding conditions.
© 24hourcampfire