Home
Posted By: ironbender How Often... - 03/03/21
...do you have to shovel off your horse trailer? 🤔

About once per season for me. I had thought about it a couple weeks ago, got snow the last week, and thought it prudent, even if not critical.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Chop into blocks and send over the side. They fell apart upon impact, so not igloo material.
Posted By: 24HourCampFireGuy50 Re: How Often... - 03/03/21
Never, park it under the lean to.
Posted By: byron Re: How Often... - 03/03/21
Don't get enough snow here to bother except on the very rare occasion.
Posted By: ttpoz Re: How Often... - 03/03/21
Hmmm.... you may have just identified the ONLY good thing about our incessant wind! Snow doesn't stay on a roof long in this part of Wyoming.
Posted By: ironbender Re: How Often... - 03/03/21
It wasn’t “a lot” of snow, but we’ve had some warm weather and rain earlier, so the bottom half of it was fairly dense.
Posted By: chuckh_02 Re: How Often... - 03/28/21
New to horses, so I hadn't even thought of that. They came with the wife; she prolly would have tipped me off had we not had such a mild winter!!
Posted By: leesway2 Re: How Often... - 03/29/21
I just pressure washed my friends 28 ft. We dont get snow but it will milldew. And yes 100% they will tip you off to things that have to be done.
Posted By: Just a Hunter Re: How Often... - 03/29/21
Never. The wind blows the snow off. Hell of a wind today and snow
Posted By: byron Re: How Often... - 03/29/21
Originally Posted by ttpoz
Hmmm.... you may have just identified the ONLY good thing about our incessant wind! Snow doesn't stay on a roof long in this part of Wyoming.

High wind watch here today. Wish there was snow on the ground to keep the dirt down. Grins
Posted By: ironbender Re: How Often... - 03/29/21
How many tie-downs do you folks need to use?
Posted By: byron Re: How Often... - 03/29/21
Originally Posted by ironbender
How many tie-downs do you folks need to use?

Tie downs? I don't use any, but it is a good idea here to drop your stabilizers or put jack stands under the corners to keep the wind from rocking your trailer so much it wears flat spots on your wheel bearings. Grin

60ish gusts here today, but at least I don't live over in Red Canyon. 91 mph gust last night.
© 24hourcampfire