Home
So I and my wife went to the local horse show in Sibley Ia today.

Took a 9 year old and a 7 year old and showed in a Ranch horse pleasure class. Got the local vet's daughter to ride one and I rode the other. Had a tough class of 8 with 2 judges. Placed 5 th with one judge and not with the other. Some of it was my fault, I didn't hear the announcer well and missed the hand gallop till I saw everybody pulling away, and had to catch up. I have never showed much and can't blame the mules for that.

Overall the mules showed well, considering they had'nt been showed for 7 years.

I didn't expect to win, just go and have some fun and show them off.

a feller started in on me that this was a 1/4 horse show and I told him I had a 1/2 horse and he could go pound sand. We both had a good laugh and all was ok.

Over all we had fun. I guess save some money and get ready to go again.

All the best ,
Ray
Wife and I did all of that in the 80's. Heck of lot of fun.We did the Iowa state fair once.Dang, that was a hot one. For years, they would not let mules compete in horse shows
I have been rerunning in my mind what I should have done better in the open horse show Three things I can improve on.

1. I missed a change of gaits when they asked for a hand gallop. Everyone was passing me and I wondered what was up? There was a bad spot in the arena to hear in, and I was in it and surprise, I don't hear very well either. Or so my wife says.

2 I did not have on the required long sleeve shirt, had a short sleeved one instead, all my fault.

3 My hat kept wanting to fall off. So I guess the hat I got off the Mexican bandit in Algedones Mexico years ago on the street for $20, "he wanted $40", will have to get updated. Kinda like my old freind ain't good enough any more,sorta sad.

Now I got to regroup and try again.

Ray
Stampede strings are your friend.

Ray, Find out who the local 4-H horse program leader is call them and get some help, showing horses or mules is all about, 90% preparation, execution is only about 10% of the job. Rio7
© 24hourcampfire