Home
For those who use a kill switch on your Side by side as anti theft procedure ,how do you do it ?
Do you just do it as a battery disconnect or ??
You can put it in any circuit that's required for the machine to run. If you put it in a wire between the key and the starter, for example, they won't be able to start it. A battery disconnect will require a much heavier kill switch than a solenoid or relay wire switch.

For an example, my Razor has up and down buttons on the gear shift to control the winch for snow plowing. I was always hitting them so I put a dash switch in the wires from those buttons to the winch relay. I only needed 18ga wire for the relay but I would have need heavy winch power cable and switch to put it on the winch itself.
If you want to kill all the power, I suggest putting a solenoid in the battery cable and power it with a hidden switch. One problem with cutting all the power is if you have any devices that need full time power, like a clock. Killing all the power will hose your settings.
Wire a toggle into the ignition and label it winch or back up lights. If thieves think it goes to something else, they won't think of it. You mark it as a light of some type, no thief is gonna touch it. They don't want to light up the area before it's even started, or so they think that would happen.
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Wire a toggle into the ignition and label it winch or back up lights. If thieves think it goes to something else, they won't think of it. You mark it as a light of some type, no thief is gonna touch it. They don't want to light up the area before it's even started, or so they think that would happen.
If you label it as a light, for extra trickery wire it so it actually does run the light. Just make it a light that you know is going to be on full time.
Thanks Guys
© 24hourcampfire