Home
Posted By: Edwin264 ATV Battery Recommendation - 02/28/22
I have a 2016 Honda 420 rancher. What battery brand is the best for the money would you say? Thanks
Posted By: MikeL2 Re: ATV Battery Recommendation - 02/28/22
Whatever the brand go with an AGM battery.
Posted By: lc11 Re: ATV Battery Recommendation - 03/01/22
ONLY Yuasa, the OEM mfgr for Honda/Yamaha, and I'm sure all other BRAND NAME makes. I've had atv/atc's for almost 40yrs, you can thank me later.
I've had great results with Odyssey in a few SxS's.

take a peek here

https://www.batterymart.com/c-honda-trx420-fourtrax-rancher-4x4-atv-battery-2014.html
Posted By: Teal Re: ATV Battery Recommendation - 03/01/22
Yuasa is usually what we get - when we need it. No need to over think it.
I went ahead and bought a Yuasa. That's what was in there from the factory. There's a motorcycle shop down the road that had the exact battery. The original battery lasted 6 years. Thanks guys
Posted By: HawkI Re: ATV Battery Recommendation - 03/02/22
Originally Posted by Higginez
I've had great results with Odyssey in a few SxS's.

Yep. A very high quality product from utility to marine to automotive.

If your ATV takes a 12, 14, 16 or 20/20L that Harley Davidson has in an AGM, they are also decent.

Yuasa is, has been and probably in the future will be total garbage, since most of the line went to China and Taiwan. It wasn't that great when most of the line was in Japan, and I've seen more than a few semi-trailers full of them in use....

Anyone who has great words about their products may have had a good experience or two, but its like saying McDonalds makes the best hamburgers because they sell the most.
Well my last Yuasa lasted 8 years and was still starting fine, but I replaced it with another 16L so I will see if it is garbage !
I live right near a yuasa plant. I almost fell over when I picked up a battery for my can am!! My 2500 diesels batteries were cheaper! Lol
What the word on Lithium batteries these days?
I been using yuasa as long as I can remember. My sure I had a few other brands if I got in a jam. Mine last 4/5 years generally so long I dont let them run down for long periods. My atvs are 9 hrs away in a warehouse near my lease and they are sitting idle from the middle of Feb until middle of October. I pull the batteries and bring them home. Here I have them on a shelf hooked up to a tender.
© 24hourcampfire