Home
Posted By: ironbender Down The Fence - 09/30/22
We watched this tonight on Prime. It has to be rented for $3.99, but well worth it, IMO.

Documentary on horse trainers competing in reined cow horse. It combines cutting, reining, and fencing a cow.

Posted By: willhunt4 Re: Down The Fence - 10/01/22
Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll take a look.
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: Down The Fence - 10/01/22
Love watching that stuff. Only problem is the fact that I can't do it myself.

Thanks for letting us know.

By the way, Prime usually cuts the rental and buying charges in about three months.
Posted By: byron Re: Down The Fence - 10/01/22
Did reined cowhorse/working cowhorse with the local stockhorse club after it first started up. Also played around a little at the cutting game for a while, but was not serious/rich enough to continue.

My trainer/mentor was a serious contender in the reined cowhorse world in the late eighties and early nineties. I have a video around here somewhere of him winning a class against the likes of Les Voigt, Johnny Brazil, Ted Robinson.....
Posted By: ironbender Re: Down The Fence - 10/01/22
I haven’t done any arena work in about 8 years, so for me, that stuff is fun to watch.

Well trained horses for sure.
Posted By: byron Re: Down The Fence - 10/02/22
Been a long time for me too. I guess I just got over it. I just like my horses and i do my best to raise them right. I might help a friend with their cattle once in a while or go to a clinic. Ride the desert or in the mountains. I rarely even take them hunting any more. Found that in the area that I've been hunting I do not often need them. Sure do admire the people that can take them and train them to a top level though.
© 24hourcampfire