Home
Posted By: Snotwad Polaris Lock and Ride ??? - 11/29/07
My Sportsman 500 is equipped with "lock and ride". The factory makes a big deal over how great this feature is, but I can't figure any way to make a clip that will work. They list some accecories that use the system, but there dosen't seem to be any provision to make it easily adaptable to other than their stuff. Anyone have any ideas on how to fabricate a few of the locking clips?
Posted By: passport Re: Polaris Lock and Ride ??? - 11/30/07
What the heck is "lock and ride"? I bought a new 800X2 about a year ago and was never told about this.
Posted By: Snotwad Re: Polaris Lock and Ride ??? - 11/30/07
Try this http://www.purepolaris.com/Search.aspx?q=lock+and+ride it is a cargo locking system,,, probably just a marketing tool to sell more product :-)
Posted By: JRowan Re: Polaris Lock and Ride ??? - 11/30/07
The lock & ride is like the old time Thermos bottles had. Rubber with a hole thru it with nut & washer on bottom, cam over handle on top.

I have a Polaris L&R box on the back of my Sportsman 500. With a single device on each side of the box, it holds tight enough I don't have to remove the box while trailering.
Posted By: Snotwad Re: Polaris Lock and Ride ??? - 12/01/07
Thats it,,, can you see anyway to use the system with other than their accessories? I'd like to just be able to put a piece of plywood on it to use as a base for carrying tools.
Posted By: JRowan Re: Polaris Lock and Ride ??? - 12/03/07
Ok, after some searching over on the ATV site I go to, I found this.
L&R This guy had built his own flat gas tank holder using the L & R accessories.
© 24hourcampfire