Home
Posted By: BlueDuck ATV Tires - 05/17/09
Where is the best deal on ATV Tires. Our local Les Schwab want $507. for a set. Must be a better price somewhere......
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: ATV Tires - 05/17/09
Check http://www.rockymountainatv.com/home.do
Posted By: Dakotakid Re: ATV Tires - 05/17/09
For that price they should be Maxxis Bighorns, a great tire, assuming you have a 4 wheel drive machine check out e-bay,, ITP makes a good tire in the Mud Lite XL, I have a set on a 650 Kawi Prairie and they have done well, tons of traction and they ride well for not being a radial, my Polaris Sportsman 700 has Carlisle
Badlands on it and they give a great ride and excellent traction for a radial,Shipping can be costly so maybe check out your atv dealers and see what they can get you some for with a mounting price, tire dealers could charge extra for the atv mounting
Posted By: JPro Re: ATV Tires - 05/17/09
I bought my deep-lug Mud-lites on Ebay. They were pretty cheap from a large-scale seller. Been a good tire so far.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: ATV Tires - 05/18/09
Rocky Mtn ATV gets my vote also....very good tire/wheel selection...fast free shipping.....I've got 27" ITP XTR's on my '07 Rhino....super traction...mud/rocks/snow.....
Posted By: biglmbass Re: ATV Tires - 05/18/09
When I was shopping, Rocky Mtn had the best prices. I was looking @ the Mud Runners by Goodyear.
Posted By: 7 STW Re: ATV Tires - 05/18/09
Just bought these Mud lites XL on Friday for the back of the kawi. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Dakotakid Re: ATV Tires - 05/18/09
Good Choice, I am running deep tread XL'S on the rear and the shallower AT's on the front of my 650 Prairie, they work very well, we do a bit of climbing in the desert mountains and these tires work, slapped a Moose performance overide chip on it and it really honks
Posted By: 7 STW Re: ATV Tires - 05/19/09
Happy to hear you like them.Was just gonna stick with the stock Dunlops for now on the front.Mostly because of ease of riding and less wear and tear on ball joints and other frontend parts.

It's still stock tire size all around.Your front tire idea has now got me thinkin.
Posted By: Dakotakid Re: ATV Tires - 05/19/09
The stock Dunlops wouldnt take much abuse, bouncing off rocks or brush punctures, after picking one up after they were off the rims I could see why, very lighttly built, the Mudlites have held up well both in the brush and bouncing of rocks, I would have to say they have been well worth the money so far
Posted By: 7 STW Re: ATV Tires - 05/19/09
Yup they are a thin sidewall no doubt.Just they ride so good it's hard to replace them.My biggest concern with the mud tires up front would be are you always fighting the steering..
Posted By: Ken14 Re: ATV Tires - 06/03/09
+1 on Mud Lites...been outfitting them on Kawasaki's for 12 years..good light 6 ply tire
© 24hourcampfire