Home
I've been looking to buy an atv for general hunting and maybe light food plot preparation. Have an opportunity to buy a 2009 Kawasaki Brute Force 650i 4x4 with an aluminum trailer for a really good price. ATV only has 300 miles on it.

If anyone owns one (or a Kawasaki atv) what has been your experience with it?

Thanks!

Marty
i had a 750 and loved it. put a new rev box on it and could wheelie up and down the road all day with 29" tires on it.
Great bike-only complaint is that with a belt drive your always revving high. i was used to creeping through the lease in 3rd gear on a honda foreman all nice and quiet and the Brute was a change from that.

had to sell it and get a teryx so i could take the kids on rides.
I have a 2007 750 brute. NRA camo edition. I love it. Lots of power and bone stock. The only complaint I have is that it tends to get hot fast so the fan runs all the time.
For some reason you seldom see Kaw's talked about on these forums. However, I've never read a bad review about them.
Love the kawasaki's and have had a bunch on the farm. Tough machines with lots of power...I'd say buy the thing and thank me later.
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
I've been looking to buy an atv for general hunting and maybe light food plot preparation. Have an opportunity to buy a 2009 Kawasaki Brute Force 650i 4x4 with an aluminum trailer for a really good price. ATV only has 300 miles on it.

If anyone owns one (or a Kawasaki atv) what has been your experience with it?

Thanks!

Marty

i have one. great machine. you won't be sorry.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I have an older 300 Bayou. Reason I went with smaller is because if I get in trouble I can still manhandle it when I am by myself. Wealth of Kawasaki info here- http://www.kawieriders.com/
I have a friend that rides one. His only complaint it that it uses a lot of fuel.
Well, I bought it. 320 miles on it. With a Triton XTV trailer for a good price. Boys are fired up!
Good score!
"boys"

your problem now is what is the next one? i know from experience. twin boys and 1 quad = 2 quads soon. smile
If I'm not mistaken, that model has the straight rear axle. I've alway's been a fan of that for pulling loads etc. That's a great machine and you won't be disapointed. Just missing the power steering!!
2 boys will equal 3 quads - in a few years I'll need a bigger trailer!
Food plots are difficult on an atv. It's not going to function as you think. The side by side is a huge improvement which begins to have functional use for food plots.

The Kolpin dirt works its the only way to go, without down pressure and the ability to lift and lower with a three point hitch your in for a level of frustration using drag behind weighted plows that will be a waste of money in the long run

I do acres of food plots and tried, bought or borrowed about everything. Until I got the side by side ( rhino) and the Kolpin dirt works it was simply frustrating and consumed way too much time to make it worth the effort. The YouTube atv tools look like they work, but it's not what you will experience in actual practice.
JJ,

Thanks. My father has a John Deere tractor which he said I could use for food plots. So the quad is just gonna be for hunting and fun!

Happy holidays!
Serious, Kimber... Check out the Kawai forum link I posted above. Like any forum, some *flamers*, but I have learned a TON.
Have had one since '08 bought it brand new. No complaints, does evrything I need it to.
Thanks - just spent some reading time there tonight
Granted, some of them have more money (or bills) than brains, but somebody has been able to answer any question I have had without calling me a dipwad.
Reading some threads, I've got some learning to do...
I have no experience with anything other than the Grizzly I have. I always mix Lucas fuel system cleaner and marine Stabil in my gas cans before I fill them. I started using ethanol free gas this year.
© 24hourcampfire