Home
I found this on Craigslist. 2 2005 Honda 650 Rincons plus trailer for $1950. The atv's look good in the photos. The trailer alone is worth the price. http://boise.craigslist.org/spo/3669212653.html

If these are even close to matching his description, they'll be gone by this afternoon.
If it sounds to good to be true ............

It's on Scamslist.

They do it with cars, tractors, ATV'S.

Be careful.
Oh, that thing. I've seen other stuff like that on there.
Normally, the scam goes somewhat like this.........

The vehicle is not located in your city.............Hmmmm at that price, they could walk next door and sell it in 5 minutes.

They will say, because you can't come and look at it......don't pay till the trucker gets there and you approve of what you see.............sounds great, right.

How could this go wrong???

Oh......we do have to pay the trucker to bring it................that will be $750, BUT
If it's not what I say it is in this ad, I'll pay the trucker and he'll give you your money back.

Holy Smokes, I can't afford NOT to do this deal.

So you wire, PayPal, send him $750 and gleefully wait for that truck........
and wait........and wait...........and wait..........and wait.........and wait............
That same ad was on the Anchorage Carigslist this morning and has been removed. Most definitely a scam.
Originally Posted by wageslave
Normally, the scam goes somewhat like this.........

The vehicle is not located in your city.............Hmmmm at that price, they could walk next door and sell it in 5 minutes.

They will say, because you can't come and look at it......don't pay till the trucker gets there and you approve of what you see.............sounds great, right.

How could this go wrong???

Oh......we do have to pay the trucker to bring it................that will be $750, BUT
If it's not what I say it is in this ad, I'll pay the trucker and he'll give you your money back.

Holy Smokes, I can't afford NOT to do this deal.

So you wire, PayPal, send him $750 and gleefully wait for that truck........
and wait........and wait...........and wait..........and wait.........and wait............

Now that's a scam! If I were ever taken like this I'd hire a PI to track the bastard down.

Eric
And that PI would find your seller in Nigeria (VERY/Most common internet scammer location) or some other third world country. Not a good idea to go looking for a fight with a Nigerian in Nigeria.
A few years ago a guy from Boise actually went to Nigeria to collect his big money on one of those scams. He was lucky. He came home with a $5k hole in his pocket but at least he got home unhurt.
They do the same scam with guns & horses
MC
There's a sucker born every day! A little common sense.....
© 24hourcampfire