Home
Posted By: Rock Chuck UTV snow plow question - 11/17/17
I'm putting one on my Razor. My winch has the rope but I'll get a short replacement to use with the plow. My question is: is it worth the money to get a roller to replace the hawse fairlead? Do they extend rope life much?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: tikkanut Re: UTV snow plow question - 11/17/17

Sure........cool gadget.........

broke my syn rope last winter plowing snow.....

where at & how much ?
Posted By: tikkanut Re: UTV snow plow question - 11/17/17

found it.......

$34 ...........new syn rope is $25ish

https://www.amazon.com/KFI-Products...amp;sr=1-1&keywords=kfi+winch+roller
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: UTV snow plow question - 11/18/17
After going through several $25ish ropes, it will pay for the pully....if it works. That's what I want to know. I can see where it would cut down on the friction and the pulley should help the rope keep it's round shape instead of flattening out on the hawse.
Posted By: 7 STW Re: UTV snow plow question - 11/19/17
Yes replace the fairlead. The new one has much larger rollers made specially for the plow. Also replace your winch rope with the thick shorter plowing rope.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: UTV snow plow question - 11/21/17
I ordered the roller and short rope. They should be here tomorrow.

Just for the record...I got one of these universal fit plows from Cabelas CABELAS SNOW PLOW It didn't fit my RZR. The mounting plate was too short and didn't bolt up to the frame. I made my own from $10 worth of steel and a few hours. The price was good enough to make it worth the effort. We don't get a lot of snow here but my driveway is 150 yds long and the wind can cause some drifting problems.
Posted By: Billc Re: UTV snow plow question - 11/24/17
After a couple rope breaks,I picked up a boat winch strap. Cut it down to length. It's going on 3 seasons. No sign of fraying or stretch.a lot cheaper too.
© 24hourcampfire