Home
Posted By: watch4bear Anybody riding at 90? - 03/04/18
The remarkably sprightly monarch was last week spotted enjoying a ride on one of her favourite ponies, once again shunning a hard hat in favour of her trademark headscarf.

The Queen was photographed riding at Windsor for the first time since last November.

She looked comfortable astride her faithful mare Carltonlima

The Queen has joked in the past that she doesn’t wear protective headgear because it would crush her hair.

She admitted in an ITV documentary to mark her 90th birthday last month that she didn’t like riding in the rain either.

She was filmed telling an aide: “I’m rather a fair-weather rider now. I don’t like getting cold and wet.”

She would ride a few times a week and for a good hour but now it can be for as little as 15 minutes.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/674730/Queen-Elizabeth-II-horse-riding-Windsor-90

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Anybody riding at 90? - 03/04/18
She also trains retrievers, especially Labs. A few years ago, the animal rights people were all up in arms about an article on her and Phillip shooting birds. She didn't hunt but she worked her dogs while he did the shooting. When a dog brought back a bird, she'd personally wring it's neck.
Posted By: logger Re: Anybody riding at 90? - 03/04/18
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
She also trains retrievers, especially Labs. A few years ago, the animal rights people were all up in arms about an article on her and Phillip shooting birds. She didn't hunt but she worked her dogs while he did the shooting. When a dog brought back a bird, she'd personally wring it's neck.

Tough thing to do to a dog.
Posted By: Windfall Re: Anybody riding at 90? - 03/04/18
smile
Reminds me of the sign at Gatorland on Tuesday.
"WARNING Anyone caught throwing objects at the alligators will be asked to retrieve them"
Posted By: PaleRider Re: Anybody riding at 90? - 03/04/18
cool smile
Posted By: ironbender Re: Anybody riding at 90? - 03/05/18

Tough old bird.
© 24hourcampfire