Home
Posted By: RMerta Tennessee Mule Sale - 03/04/20
Anyone here going to the sale on March 14th? My wife and I are looking to buy a couple of mules for hunting and headed to the sale.
Doubt we will buy but looking to learn a few things about mules. Hope to get a few contacts on buying mules while there.
Posted By: 257_X_50 Re: Tennessee Mule Sale - 03/06/20
Bet ya Louis Birkenholtz will be there from Pickering MO
Posted By: RMerta Re: Tennessee Mule Sale - 03/07/20
Do you think the tornado damage will cancel the sale? Does Birkenholtz have good mules?
Posted By: 257_X_50 Re: Tennessee Mule Sale - 03/09/20
He shows out of Missouri.

With the kids in school he doesn’t show as much.

Has had the World Champion team of Mules.

Handsome animals.

Friendly guy.
Posted By: RMerta Re: Tennessee Mule Sale - 03/09/20
Thanks I’ll look him up.
Posted By: RMerta Re: Tennessee Mule Sale - 03/13/20
With the Wuhan virus freak out going on I called the Reese Bro’s who are having the auction. I checked to make sure it was still on. I was told Yes. They said there was over 200 mules to be auctioned off Saturday.
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Tennessee Mule Sale - 03/17/20
With the new business closings as of yesterday, I would call again
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Tennessee Mule Sale - 03/18/20
The Mule Days in Columbia was cancelled. Don't know about the sale.
Posted By: RMerta Re: Tennessee Mule Sale - 03/21/20
Sale went great. They had 200 mules up for auction. I watched the first 50 go through and then hit the barn making contacts. I’m new to mules and wanted to look them over real good. I met up with several mule guys who took me under their wing and introduced me to some guys who train and sell mules year round and have good reputations.
Posted By: mulepasture Re: Tennessee Mule Sale - 03/25/20
Did you still have your wallet when you left? Or maybe that just my problem....Lol
Posted By: RMerta Re: Tennessee Mule Sale - 03/30/20
Wallet still intact! I went mainly to look at mules, monitor sale prices and make contact with mule men. I got all three accomplished.
First thing I realized was 17 hand mules are huge. I’m going to try to find a couple mules in the 14+hand range.
The prices on mules at auction went lower than what I predicted. There were a lot of really good mules that did not go for what the owners were expecting or hoping.
I’m in the process of getting my corral built and stalls built in my barn. So I had to sit on my wallet during the auction.
© 24hourcampfire