Home
Posted By: jmp300wsm Opportunity to pick - 05/28/20
up a 2006 Arctic Cat 650 V Twin Tony Stewart edition with very low miles for a great price. This has the Kawasaki V2 engine and drive train. Any one have any thoughts on this?
Posted By: jmp300wsm Re: Opportunity to pick - 05/28/20
Anybody?
They are powerful engines. It is all about condition on a’06 V2. The crank goes out when people run them with contaminated oil (carburetors instead of EFI).
Posted By: jmp300wsm Re: Opportunity to pick - 05/29/20
Even if the carbs are adjusted properly?
Posted By: MIVHNTR Re: Opportunity to pick - 05/29/20
Watch out for a cracked frame under the seat. I've seen a few on the Cats with the 650s.
Originally Posted by jmp300wsm
Even if the carbs are adjusted properly?

It happens when the fuel needle valve fails in the carb bowl and allows fuel to drain into the engine. The gas in the crankcase does not lube the crank bearings and they fail needing a complete engine overhaul.

If they stayed on top of maintenance, they are a good motor. If they let it sit then flog it without ever checking the oil, it’ll blow.
Posted By: jmp300wsm Re: Opportunity to pick - 05/29/20
ok thanks
Posted By: KFWA Re: Opportunity to pick - 05/29/20
I had a 650 Prairie. Unfortunately I have little info to give but in the short time I owned it as the second owner with less than 3000 miles, it started smoking. I suspect the previous owner abused it. I sold it instead of tearing into it.
Posted By: jmp300wsm Re: Opportunity to pick - 07/04/20
Well after a few repairs the 650 is running great. I had to replace the fuel pump and rejet the carbs but it runs like new now. Now to get it out in the dirt.
© 24hourcampfire