Home
What’s the longest you’ve let a foaming type bore cleaner soak in a bore? I forgot a rifle was soaking (with “foaming bore cleaner”) and didn’t get back to it until about 48 hours later. Just wondering if I should be concerned about any damage to the bore for letting it soak that long? What say you?
Weeks, with no problem.
Yeah your fine, the foam cleaner wont damage your barrel......Hb
Originally Posted by shinbone
Weeks, with no problem.

Yep, no issues
At least with Wipeout, no problem although if you happen to be dumb like me it doesn't do much good for rounds left in the mag. After a month or 2 they come out kind of corroded and dark brown. Doh! whistle
48 hours——>no worries

Never used the stuff.
I’ve probably gone three days when I forgot about it....no problems 😮
2-3 days no problem.
What are you doing with rounds in the Magazine when you're cleaning a rifle?

First thing, number one, unload rifle.
Originally Posted by Filaman
What are you doing with rounds in the Magazine when you're cleaning a rifle?

First thing, number one, unload rifle.

Exactly! Don't know how that happened but like seating a primer upside down or powder missing from a reload, weird stuff happens. I check twice now then check again. cool
Since Patch Out came out, the foam cans have stayed in my cabinet. Although I may start using it to clean my lineal comp internals
I would be leery of using accelerator and then wipeout afterwards and letting it sit.

I have not used anything since KG products hit the scene.
I use Wipeout and find it cleans thoroughly after an hour if the rifle isn't really fouled; but, yeah, like the others, no problem
with living this stuff in overnight.
I hear lots of good comments about Wipeout and I gotta try it soon. But to get back on topic I've left Gunslick Pro foaming bore cleaner in a bore overnight more than once through forgetfulness and never noticed any adverse effects. Looks like I won't have to sweat it when I get around to trying Wipeout and get busy doing something else and forget about that also. It's hell getting old.
Over night.

WipeOut, the longest I left in a barrel is 8-10 hrs.
Until it dried
Originally Posted by Ekmorr
Over night.

Ditto ^
I don't think you can soak it long enough to hurt your bore but on the other hand I don't think you can soak it long enough to actually get the bore clean.

Get a good bronze brush/nylon brush and some effective carbon and copper removers and quit wasting time. shocked
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I don't think you can soak it long enough to hurt your bore but on the other hand I don't think you can soak it long enough to actually get the bore clean.

Get a good bronze brush/nylon brush and some effective carbon and copper removers and quit wasting time. shocked

Agree..
2 or 3 days. I turned the rifle over & added a little more about 1/2 way thru to soak the top of the barrel because... gravity. It was really dirty.
On a SS barrel with Teflon coating it did loosen the Teflon and I boogered a little of it, once it dried it re-attached itself laugh

Mike
© 24hourcampfire