Home
Posted By: Leatherneck T3x Safety and Brush - 07/16/20
Hey,

I was reading something on a different forum and a poster was explaining his dislike for the Tikka safety. His main concern was that the safety could easily be bumped when moving through thick brush. Has anyone here done this accidentally or experienced this?
I like to still hunt through thick brush in the Northeast. A few others on that forum chimed in that the safety is one reason why they won't own a Tikka. Is this a concern to anyone here? I was set on picking up a Tikka, but may now buy an X-Bolt instead because of this. What are your thoughts on this?
Posted By: Blackbrush Re: T3x Safety and Brush - 07/16/20
Have a 3 position on mine
Posted By: jwall Re: T3x Safety and Brush - 07/16/20
My oldest is T3 Lite 270 W, 2003

My newest is T3x Lite 7 RM. 2018

I hunt both open & thick habitat and have NOT had a single problem w/safety or anything
else.

A few years ago here, we had a couple bozos say they’ve had safeties pushed ? Forward ?
and even whole bolts dragged out ?? by brush.

I DISMISSED both those idiots. We were talking 700s & Tikkas.
Both of those rifle models HAVE bolt stops. Nuff said ?

BTW, neither have posted on the ‘Fire’ since shortly
after those discussions. I haven’t missed them.

MY Tikkas are of NO concern to me.

Jerry
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: T3x Safety and Brush - 07/16/20
Originally Posted by Leatherneck
Hey,

I was reading something on a different forum and a poster was explaining his dislike for the Tikka safety. His main concern was that the safety could easily be bumped when moving through thick brush. Has anyone here done this accidentally or experienced this?
I like to still hunt through thick brush in the Northeast. A few others on that forum chimed in that the safety is one reason why they won't own a Tikka. Is this a concern to anyone here? I was set on picking up a Tikka, but may now buy an X-Bolt instead because of this. What are your thoughts on this?

Total Bulchitt nothing more nothing less . At least their safety locks the bolt in place and actually works. How is the Xbolt better? DO you even know how the safety on an X bolt works?
Posted By: beretzs Re: T3x Safety and Brush - 07/16/20
I can't even imagine the brush I'd have to drag the rifles through that would push the safety forwards. I think to do it all the time you'd probably have to walk backwards.

I wouldn't sweat the Tikka safety a bit, locks the bolt down and is a great functioning rifle.
Posted By: GeoW Re: T3x Safety and Brush - 07/16/20
If there ever be a doubt in one's mind about his safety I would recommend carrying cold or just use a camera.

g
Posted By: Dre Re: T3x Safety and Brush - 07/16/20
I’d bet it’s user error. Just can’t see brush setting the safety off on any of my tikkas.
Posted By: RemModel8 Re: T3x Safety and Brush - 07/16/20
Can't see pushing brush with one in the chamber, so it's of no concern.
Posted By: ExpatFromOK Re: T3x Safety and Brush - 07/16/20
I have owned 3 T3s/T3Xs and currently have 2. I've had no problems like those described with the safeties. I have carried them in the brush.

Expat
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: T3x Safety and Brush - 07/16/20
Quit using it as a machete or weed whacker. Ive hunted in thick chidt in western oregon and never had the safety lever tripped or snagged. You'd have to be carrying the rifle backwards, maybe by the barrel and using it as a battering ram for that to happen. Sounds like dip chidt operator error to me.
Posted By: beretzs Re: T3x Safety and Brush - 07/16/20
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Quit using it as a machete or weed whacker. Ive hunted in thick chidt in western oregon and never had the safety lever tripped or snagged. You'd have to be carrying the rifle backwards, maybe by the barrel and using it as a battering ram for that to happen. Sounds like dip chidt operator error to me.

Well said BSA, of that style safety I prefer the Tikkas over anything else, besides a Model 70.
Posted By: pullit Re: T3x Safety and Brush - 07/16/20
Don't see that a Tikka is anymore or less at risk than most any other rifle out there. I have several 700's and a few Tikka's as well as others. Never had an issues with any of them having the safety pushed on, but then again like was said before, I don't use them as a machete
Posted By: grovey Re: T3x Safety and Brush - 07/16/20
Tikka's are flat out dangerous I tell ya! Send all of them to me so I can safely store them where the brush can't get to them, and therefore save 1000's of lives. Deer lives, Elk lives, Bear lives, Varmint lives, Bullseye lives...
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: T3x Safety and Brush - 07/16/20
The poster in question is an idiot.

P
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: T3x Safety and Brush - 07/16/20
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

P

That or he works for Remington and is spreading Internet rumors. That's been known to happen.
Posted By: Dre Re: T3x Safety and Brush - 07/17/20
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

P

That or he works for Remington and is spreading Internet rumors. That's been known to happen.

Works for Remington/spread rumors ...That actually makes sense
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: T3x Safety and Brush - 07/17/20
Originally Posted by Dre

P

Kind of like Leupold spreading rumors that their scopes don't have issues...
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: T3x Safety and Brush - 07/17/20
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Dre

P

Kind of like Leupold spreading rumors that their scopes don't have issues...

Its not the first time or the last time that competitors or people that simply hate a product will diminish it with baseless internet rumors.
Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: T3x Safety and Brush - 07/17/20
The safety between the ears of those two tools probably failed. But that might mean there WAS a safety of any kind between their ears. More innanet fertilizer. Be Well, Rustyzipper.
Posted By: devnull Re: T3x Safety and Brush - 07/17/20
No more of a problem than any other safety.
© 24hourcampfire