Home
Posted By: CP Howa Mini Bottom Metal - 08/01/20
I read that some of you have purchased Howa Mini Bottom Metal from Oregunsmithing for your mini .223 Howas. Are you having any feeding or other functioning issues, specifically with a 223, with this bottom metal? CP.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Howa Mini Bottom Metal - 08/01/20
Mine is for the 7.62x39 family, as are all those I've read about here. Feeds just fine, but you lose a round of capacity. Call and talk to Wayne York and ask him if you have reservations. Nice guy.

If you call, ask how the lightweight Mini stock is coming along.
Posted By: Obi_Wan Re: Howa Mini Bottom Metal - 08/02/20
I got mine in last week. Feeding is an issue. I called him and he said, he may have sent the wrong follower, so he asked me to send it back and he will make sure all is right. Good customer service from my point of view. I have the one for the 6.5 Grendel and it functions perfectly.
Posted By: CP Re: Howa Mini Bottom Metal - 08/02/20
Thank you for your response. I don’t mind paying their price to eliminate my Mini’s current mag and release system, but I don’t want to go backwards on functional reliability. Once you receive your new follower, an updated report would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again. CP.
Posted By: Ginther Re: Howa Mini Bottom Metal - 08/02/20
had Howa mini's since they were launched a few yrs ago and Ive come to like the mag set up, even modified the 5 round grendel mag to take 7, however I have been watching from the sidelines how the after market bottom metals work and from all reports they do alright. Will probably order one one day.....
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Howa Mini Bottom Metal - 08/03/20
Originally Posted by Ginther
had Howa mini's since they were launched a few yrs ago and Ive come to like the mag set up, even modified the 5 round grendel mag to take 7, however I have been watching from the sidelines how the after market bottom metals work and from all reports they do alright. Will probably order one one day.....

The floorplate is major improvement for hunting IMO. My Grendel has become a favorite, easy load workup, and able to tackle just about anything I require fom a rifle around here. If I didn't already gave a nice .223, I'd put one of those together too. If they ever offer SS, I may anyway.

I'm into it for less than $800, scope and mounts included, with two stocks and a Limbsaver slip-on pad for the yute stock.
Posted By: cwlongshot Re: Howa Mini Bottom Metal - 08/05/20
IMHO its mandatory as the plastic crap wont allow proper action torque.

I have a DIP trigger and magazine release. GET THE MAG PART!!! No more falling out mags from Carrying!!

Really is a must do item.

CW
© 24hourcampfire