Home
Posted By: PaulBarnard Ruger Surprises at SOS - 09/16/20
Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore has some surprises in the form of some Ruger Hawkeye Ultralights and a few other oddball Rugers. Damn if that 243 stainless isn't calling me.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsupers...sportsman/bolt-action-rifles/brand/RUGER
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Ruger Surprises at SOS - 09/16/20
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore has some surprises in the form of some Ruger Hawkeye Ultralights and a few other oddball Rugers. Damn if that 243 stainless isn't calling me.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsupers...sportsman/bolt-action-rifles/brand/RUGER

Good prices on Weatherby Weatherguards too, a lot of value at $490.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Ruger Surprises at SOS - 09/16/20
There was even some lefty offerings in the Ruger selection.
Posted By: Capt_Craig Re: Ruger Surprises at SOS - 09/16/20
Look at that, a stainless Ruger American Predator in the ever popular 6.5 Manbun. Never seen a stainless one. Someone will need this.
Posted By: Jwood1284 Re: Ruger Surprises at SOS - 09/16/20
How about $599 for the Hawkeye .338RCM!
Originally Posted by Capt_Craig
Look at that, a stainless Ruger American Predator in the ever popular 6.5 Manbun. Never seen a stainless one. Someone will need this.

All stainless or just a stainless barrel?
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Ruger Surprises at SOS - 09/16/20
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

All stainless. https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/197545
Posted By: Filaman Re: Ruger Surprises at SOS - 09/16/20

I've never seen a factory rifle with just a stainless barrel. They're usually all or nothing.

If you see a rifle with a carbon steel action and a stainless barrel you can pretty well bet it's been rebarreled.
Posted By: jwall Re: Ruger Surprises at SOS - 09/16/20
Originally Posted by Jwood1284

SHEESH, I could get into THAT.....

Polar Bears are moving South !! grin grin

Jerry
Posted By: GF1 Re: Ruger Surprises at SOS - 09/16/20
Originally Posted by Filaman

I've never seen a factory rifle with just a stainless barrel. They're usually all or nothing.

If you see a rifle with a carbon steel action and a stainless barrel you can pretty well bet it's been rebarreled.

How about the Weatherby Mark V Accumarks? Remington 40Xs? Lots of Coopers?
Posted By: mathman Re: Ruger Surprises at SOS - 09/16/20
Originally Posted by GF1

How about the Weatherby Mark V Accumarks? Remington 40Xs? Lots of Coopers?

Kimber Longmaster as well.
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: Ruger Surprises at SOS - 09/16/20
Blows me away Ruger americans for 289 to 599 the you can get a Hawkeye for 599. I guess it is a in your values or lack of them. MB
Posted By: banjomule Re: Ruger Surprises at SOS - 09/16/20
Does anyone know how long it is taking to get a gun from SOS right now? It says non-firearms orders take 14 days to process and guns longer than that, but it doesn’t say how much longer.
Posted By: 25aught6 Re: Ruger Surprises at SOS - 09/16/20

LMAO!
Posted By: killerv Re: Ruger Surprises at SOS - 09/16/20
wish the ul was in a 708
Originally Posted by banjomule
Does anyone know how long it is taking to get a gun from SOS right now? It says non-firearms orders take 14 days to process and guns longer than that, but it doesn’t say how much longer.

If you read SOS reviews, most of the complaints revolve around slow shipping. I ordered a gun through them. They were slow as advertised. I knew that going in though, so I wasn't disappointed. All I can say is believe them when they tell you they are going to be slow.
Posted By: pete53 Re: Ruger Surprises at SOS - 09/16/20
on one of the last pages there is a 257 Roberts rifle that would be my choice ,Paul your choice on the 243 Win .is another good one. BUY IT ! Pete53
Originally Posted by pete53
on one of the last pages there is a 257 Roberts rifle that would be my choice ,Paul your choice on the 243 Win .is another good one. BUY IT ! Pete53

I believe the 257 was sold out. I don't need the 243 as I have a new 6 Creed that is back at Nosler being repaired. But I have always liked Ruger UL rifles.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Ruger Surprises at SOS - 09/16/20

Horsepucky.
Posted By: Fotis Re: Ruger Surprises at SOS - 09/16/20

Like this one? Accumark MK V

[Linked Image from outdoorlife.com]

The RARs in 22-250 with 1-8" ROT barrels that SAS special ordered from Ruger have a CM receiver and a SS barrel. You may not have seen one, but they are proof that Ruger has made RARs with CM receivers and SS barrels.
I wonder how the Ruger Ultralights showed up. Warehoused somewhere? New run?
Posted By: pete53 Re: Ruger Surprises at SOS - 09/16/20

just seen this post ,i have a Weatherby MK.5 270 W.Mag. with a blued action and a factory Weatherby S.S. barrel shoots excellent ,the barrel has Weatherby marking and i purchased it directly from a wholesaler it was a prototype rifle sent to this wholesaler.
Posted By: tzone Re: Ruger Surprises at SOS - 09/16/20
Originally Posted by Jwood1284

Yeah that gave me wood.

You be wrong.
Originally Posted by pete53

just seen this post ,i have a Weatherby MK.5 270 W.Mag. with a blued action and a factory Weatherby S.S. barrel shoots excellent ,the barrel has Weatherby marking and i purchased it directly from a wholesaler it was a prototype rifle sent to this wholesaler.

Hmmm No. They made a bunch of them so it was not a prototype. I owned one as well.

If you read SOS reviews, most of the complaints revolve around slow shipping. I ordered a gun through them. They were slow as advertised. I knew that going in though, so I wasn't disappointed. All I can say is believe them when they tell you they are going to be slow.

Do you mind me asking how long it took for them to ship your gun? I don’t know if I should be expecting to wait weeks or months.

Do you mind me asking how long it took for them to ship your gun? I don’t know if I should be expecting to wait weeks or months.

I honestly cannot remember. Seems like it took about 10 days. At one point I got a little nervous because a rebate was in play. That concern was for naught as they made the sale date the day the order was placed rather than when it was shipped. If you must have it within a month, I wouldn't do it.

I honestly cannot remember. Seems like it took about 10 days. At one point I got a little nervous because a rebate was in play. That concern was for naught as they made the sale date the day the order was placed rather than when it was shipped. If you must have it within a month, I wouldn't do it.

Thanks for the insight!
Posted By: HilhamHawk Re: Ruger Surprises at SOS - 09/17/20
Some of the later Winchester 70 models were also 2 tone.
© 24hourcampfire