Home
I bought a new model 700 a couple months ago and the factory trigger leaves a lot to be desired. I'm thinking a new Timney is in my future as I can install it myself based upon my research. So, Which Timney would be best for a hunting rifle. If not a Timney, what brand do you suggest. Thanks for your recommendations.
Maybe higher end than you're looking.

I'm really liking the Box N' Andy Dakota. I think it'd be awesome in a hunting rifle. It'll go in a hunting rifle of mine when I'm ready for a tacsport in my precision rifle.
Triggertech.
I have always replaced the Model 700 and 7 triggers with Timney's, and I really like that trigger. However, just for the sake of something different, I put a Basix and a Triggertech on the last two rifles. I'll never go the Basix route again. I will probably use Triggertech again if the opportunity arises.
Put a TriggerTech Primary on the 700 SPS I bought last year, just apply pressure and it breaks clean, crisp, no over travel. Timmeny is good trigger also, have used them on Ruger M77.

I have always used Timney. Then I tried a Triggertech.

Buy Triggertech.
Timney's HIT trigger is very nice.
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Triggertech.
That!!
Thanks men.

Another vote for TriggerTech.
Like two-stage, a lot, Calvin Elite
Trigger Tech Primary
Easy to install
Easiest to adjust
Breaks the cleanest
Great price
I’m another Timney user that will be using Trigger Tech if the opportunity arises again. Those triggers are just sweet!
TriggerTech for the win.
Trigger tech. Easiest rec ever.
Is it just the TT Primary ya'll recommend?
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

All are great, depending on how light you need to go.
I own Triggertech, Shilen, and Jewel. They are all very nice triggers but for simplicity sake I'll take Triggertech from now on. Ymmv
The Triggertech's are great, I like the special but they are new on the scene and some of the old triggers are great also. I have more Jewell triggers than any other and they are fantastic, Shilen's are good, the only aftermarket trigger I have had problems with were Rifle Basix, also not a fan of Timney for a 700.

Another new kid on the block is Bix'n Andy, they are fantastic as well but WAYYYYYYYYYY over priced, have not tried the new Dakota model that is more modestly priced.

The Calvin Elite's I have are not two stage they have interchangeable shoes, would not recommend for a hunting rifle.

Two stage, would not recommend to anyone but the ex-wife.
Thanks for all the responses. I'm going to order a trigger tech primary in the days ahead. Thanks again men.
Originally Posted by boatanchor

The Calvin Elite's I have are not two stage they have interchangeable shoes, would not recommend for a hunting rifle.

Two stage, would not recommend to anyone but the ex-wife.

I greatly enjoy using two stage. Different strokes, but, I can't fathom why anyone wouldn't, especially on a hunting rifle, which is all I have. LOL. No shoe change on mine.

Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

All are great, depending on how light you need to go.

Thanks Jordan. I have one, but haven't decided where to try it yet. Would have to remove a perfectly ok performing Walker to do so, might anyways. Have to break out the new trigger gauge too, doubt I have anything adjusted very low compared to other's preferences.
Boomer,
They offer a two stage now as well.

https://triggertech.com/collections/bolt-action/products/rem-700-two-stage?variant=31968717734006
Thanks. Hmmm, new rifle?
Ordered a black TT primary this morning. Midway just sent me an email saying it has shipped. Free shipping for order over 49.00.
Ordered a black TT primary this morning. Midway just sent me an email saying it has shipped. Free shipping for order over 49.00.
I’m really pleased with several Timneys I’ve put in 700’s. I did have to remove a little material around the safety area in one HS Precision stock.
Originally Posted by hotsoup

I ordered a silver one yesterday. Best price I found was at Midway, with free (and fast) shipping.
Timney’s work great.
© 24hourcampfire