Home
Posted By: Fotis Antelope Hunt - 09/27/20
Great antelope hunt today I shot two one Buck a 701 yd and one doe at 259. The boy I was mentoring shot one at 248 yd with his 270 Winchester I used my proof research Remington 700 28 Nosler couldn't be happier
Posted By: UncleAlps Re: Antelope Hunt - 09/27/20
Wow. 701 yards is a heck of a long shot on a goat. Was the wind blowing? Did you connect with the first shot?
Posted By: Gtscotty Re: Antelope Hunt - 09/27/20
Nice, I went out yesterday to look for some antelope as well, but between the 60 mph gusts and thick smoke from the Mullen fire, decided I'd put it off for a day. Any pics?
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Antelope Hunt - 09/27/20
Great shooting Fotis!

Headed to WY in early October. Can't wait.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Antelope Hunt - 09/27/20
Good times
Posted By: Fotis Re: Antelope Hunt - 09/27/20
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
Wow. 701 yards is a heck of a long shot on a goat. Was the wind blowing? Did you connect with the first shot?

Yes and yes
Posted By: moosemike Re: Antelope Hunt - 09/27/20
701 is wild. I've never shot one past 250. Never wanted to.
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Antelope Hunt - 09/28/20
My longest antelope shot was 325 yds.. One shot. Glad he wasn't out further. Closest was within spitting distance of 200 yds. Then a few years later, one at a lasered 242 yds. That's about the extent of my meager antelope hunting experience. I couldn't bring myself to try 701 unless I had an awful lot of practice at that distance.
Posted By: Fotis Re: Antelope Hunt - 10/01/20
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Great shooting Fotis!

Headed to WY in early October. Can't wait.

Best of luck to you!
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: Antelope Hunt - 10/01/20
Fotis, tell me about the wind and how you pulled off that kind of a sniper shot. that is pretty amazing.
Posted By: Fotis Re: Antelope Hunt - 10/02/20
The wind was coming 5-7 mph from the 2 o clock position according to my windfinder app on my phone. I dialed 3.2 mil up and .2 mil right (5 mph). Nailed him.
Posted By: Bella1 Re: Antelope Hunt - 10/02/20
Great job buddy ! Iā€™m not surprised though, you test all the time and always use good equipment šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘
Thanks Chris! Appreciate it
Posted By: HTDUCK Re: Antelope Hunt - 10/02/20
Fotis what app is it exactly ?

Heckuva shot man !

And this thread is worthless without pictures..........
The ballistic app is Strelok everyone knows that one. The wind app is called WINDFINDER and it is free.

The buck is not really all that. I was there mostly for the boy who was hunting his first time.

The buck was shot on the ridge in the back and drug back.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Posted By: Gtscotty Re: Antelope Hunt - 10/02/20
Originally Posted by Fotis
The ballistic app is Strelok everyone knows that one. The wind app is called WINDFINDER and it is free.

The buck is not really all that. I was there mostly for the boy who was hunting his first time.

The buck was shot on the ridge in the back and drug back.

Nice! Looks like a great first hunt for that young man. Btw, I hope that drag wasn't as long as it looks.

Since more is better as far as pictures on a thread go, I'll toss mine in as well.

There was a lot of pressure in my antelope area (probably because the Mullen fire is consuming everyone's elk/muley hunting areas) so the antelope were skiddish and making themselves scarce, managed to get this guy at ~260 yds last Sunday though.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Nothing special, but he's kind of wide though.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
The drag was long as hell thank God there were three of us there. I tell you when I was younger it always used to be about the horn now I really don't care that much I just like to hunt the excitement and I give my antelope away to disabled veterans in Cheyenne or the needy
© 24hourcampfire