Home
Anyone have any good or bad experience with the accuracy, quality, and fit/finish of a modern production Remington Sendero? I have wanted one for many years and this may be the year I buy myself one.
Heavy! I had two in 300RUM, one in 7RUM and a Long range (blued version) in 300RUM. They all shot well, the long range shot the best. All wore a NF NSX 5.5-22x56. They were comfortable enough for me though the Gen 2’s had a bit better stock. The only thing I ever needed to do for mine was adjust the triggers. In the end I sold them all and picked up a bow. The stalk is more challenging and exciting for me than shooting distance and I’ve never looked back. Save a lot of money avoiding those big magnums as well.
If I buy one, it would probably be a 25/06...
A better option than a RUM but not by much! All jokes aside, if you’re shooting paper or from a rest you can drive to, I can’t say it’s a bad rifle. I have no idea what costs are like down there but I would imagine it’s a relatively cheap option for what you get.
I have 3. A 7 RUM, a 300 Win Mag, and a 26 Nosler. I like them. All shoot less than an inch.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]imagehost ru
Originally Posted by Hiaring8
If I buy one, it would probably be a 25/06...

Always seemed like the ideal caliber for this rifle IMHO.
Probably not the best year to get into a Remington:

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/r...on-ammo-franklin-armory-gets-bushmaster/
I had a 7mm Rem Mag. Swapped out the trigger. It shot great but heavy heavy.
I can't comment on the current production rifles much. May sound silly but they sorta lost me when they started painting the bottoms of the flutes black. Also, the current stocks seem a bit more chubby than the earlier ones I owned.

I've had 2. First was a stainless/fluted 7mm STW. It was one of the best shooting rifles I've owned. My handloads with the 120 grain ballistic tip and 160 grain partition both shot 3/4ths inch groups at 200 yards ... in the same place, so no sight change when switching from elk load to coyote load and back. The second was also a stainless/fluted rifle, this one in .25-'06, and it was one of the most miserable, frustrating pieces of shyte I have ever had the "pleasure" of working with. Turned out in the end to be a bad stock, had a big air bubble, but I shot the damned throat out of it thinking I just hadn't found the right combination yet.

Basically all they need is a good trigger, base/rings, and good optics. And hope you don't get a lemon, but that's a risk with any gun, any brand.

Tom
Except Tikka.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Except Tikka.

Pharm,

I have seen a Tikka lemon, or two. One had a tight chamber and different brands of factory ammo were REALLY hard to close the bolt on. This was a 30-06.

Another, was a mediocre shooter with various factory ammo. That was a .270 Win, and the owner sold it to buy something else.

Most recently, we have a 300 WSM in our shooting group that isn't doing so hot. No final verdict yet, as I haven't done anything with it. However, my buddy has messed with it for the owner, and it seems like 1.5 - 2" rifle. He certainly know enough about rifle setup and shooting to evaluate equipment. The scope has not been ruled out yet, though.

Jason
I have only ever seen two tikkas not shoot - ironically they were both 270 wsm’s....

A new Sendero would set me back about $1250...figure $200 for trigger/bedding - that puts me in the range I could build for 🤔
I've had 3, older Senderos. They all shot well, but they've been traded off over the years. Now, my "heavy" rifles are Tikka CTR's.
© 24hourcampfire