Home
I popped on their site looking for a youth rifle for my daughter and found a Howa 22-250 youth. Then I found the Howa Mountain Alpine in 6.5 Jesus. Put both in the cart and checked out. I better blow the dust off the dies and brass for the 22-250, I haven’t shot any in 9 or 10 years. 250 is a 12 twist but I have some 53gr TSX and 64gr NSB Bondeds that should do well for deer. She popped a small 8pt with her 16” AR and a 62gr TSX for her first deer last weekend. Hoping she likes the 22-250 for a little more zing.

Good for you, and good for Whittaker Guns!
“6.5 Jesus”. That must be a hell of a round.
Originally Posted by shinbone
“6.5 Jesus”. That must be a hell of a round.

After the first buck he misses with it, it'll become a 6.5 Judas. smile
Saves on shipping.
Originally Posted by 260madman
I 6.5 Jesus..

First laugh of the young morning!
I popped on their site looking for a youth rifle for my daughter and found a Howa 22-250 youth. Then I found the Howa Mountain Alpine in 6.5 Jesus. Put both in the cart and checked out. I better blow the dust off the dies and brass for the 22-250, I haven’t shot any in 9 or 10 years. 250 is a 12 twist but I have some 53gr TSX and 64gr NSB Bondeds that should do well for deer. She popped a small 8pt with her 16” AR and a 62gr TSX for her first deer last weekend. Hoping she likes the 22-250 for a little more zing.

If it doesn't love the bonded, it will likely love the Partition.
I could have called it the 6.5Bitchbiscuit
6.5 Freakmoor
Nice find on the Howa Alpine Mountain rifle. It is, in my opinion, the best Howa has put forth and it's a shame they decided to discontinue it. It was probably an economic decision based on necessary pricing to compete in that portion of the market. Nice score.
I was really surprised to see the Alpine. I was looking about 6 months ago and couldn’t find one without Gunbroker. I looked At Whittaker a couple weeks ago and didn’t see it but signed up for a 6.5G if they come back in stock. Looked again a couple nights ago and noticed the Alpine. I might have missed it the first time but glad it was still there.
Hopefully they contact my FFL soon, it wasn’t on their preloaded list. If the stars align I might have it in a couple weeks with this huge panic we’re in. Crazy times.
That Alpine has been there for a while. I even mentioned it here in hopes someone would buy it and remove the temptation. Great price, but the $600 one I found at Grice was just a bit better. Congrats, and thanks!

This from this morning, a pre-hunt check:
[Linked Image]
Pappy- that’s a good’un.....👍👍
I think she will like the 22-250 and sooner or later will take the 6.5 Jesus away from you like my granddaughter did to me.
Nice finds, great rifles. Good luck with the 53 grain TSX, I hope they work out for you. My 1-12 twist savage barely liked the 45grn tsx, I switched to 35 and 40grn Nosler ballistic tip lead free for better accuracy. Those are not good deer bullets though.
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
Nice find on the Howa Alpine Mountain rifle. It is, in my opinion, the best Howa has put forth and it's a shame they decided to discontinue it. It was probably an economic decision based on necessary pricing to compete in that portion of the market. Nice score.

The Alpine was discontinued because they had problems getting stocks from LAW.
I have two Alpines. One in 6.5 Creedmoor and one in 7MM-08. Once you add a Gun Bloke trigger spring kit to each and bed the stocks they are decent guns. The plastic DBM that comes with them is complete garbage and neither of mine would feed from them. I also wish they came with 22-24" barrels.
Mine’s been extensively modified....

I mounted a scope.
Trigger on the Alpine is really nice straight out of the box. Mounted a 6X Super Chicken on it.

The 22-250 looks like the stock was drug down the driveway and the action screws have some rust on them. I have a feeling they had this one for a long time because the action screws are slotted and not torx head. Mounted a 4.5-14 Buckmaster Mildot that’s been a solid scope over the years. I’ll hit the range Friday between sitting with my crossbow.
Trigger on the Alpine is really nice straight out of the box. Mounted a 6X Super Chicken on it.

The 22-250 looks like the stock was drug down the driveway and the action screws have some rust on them. I have a feeling they had this one for a long time because the action screws are slotted and not torx head. Mounted a 4.5-14 Buckmaster Mildot that’s been a solid scope over the years. I’ll hit the range Friday between sitting with my crossbow.

The triggers on mine felt decent, but measured 4 lbs. Too much, especially for a LW rifle.
Originally Posted by Fotis
6.5 Freakmoor

6.5 Needsmoor
© 24hourcampfire