Home
Posted By: Live2hunt941 Old 6mm remington model 7 - 10/16/20
Found this one in a pawn shop recently. Rough around the edges but not to bad. Steel floorplate. Smooth round bolt knob and 18.5" barrel it had a one piece leupold base on it and an old vari x 2 3-9x40 leupold on it (surprisingly clear glass. Bluing is worn in several places but nonetheless a solid gun I got it for $379 out the door. Just have to make time to start the cleaning process
Posted By: Judman Re: Old 6mm remington model 7 - 10/16/20
Like a sore dick, can’t beat it. Be a great buck huntin rifle
That's the plan. As long as it keeps em in a pie plate at 200yds Will make a good little beater/knock about gun
Will try my hand at posting pics after I get it cleaned up
Posted By: Judman Re: Old 6mm remington model 7 - 10/17/20
My old man had one back late 80’s, early 90’s I used to borrow every now and again. Like to find another
The older the better. Handy little rifles.
I had one with a 2x7 Redfield on it. Previous owner had bobbed the stock to 12.5" for his kids. No fixing the stock without replacing it. Could have put wood on and worked it down with a new pad. Biggest problem was at a minimum the barrel is 3.5" too short. Clean it up, shoot it some and scavenge the scope off it replace with an old 4x cheapy.
. Then sell it to someone else for 450 -500 dollars. And find a 6mm with a 22" barrel. You asked. MB
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Old 6mm remington model 7 - 10/17/20
Grab a 7/08 if you find a good deal
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Old 6mm remington model 7 - 10/17/20
I have one and hearing protection is a must out of that short sucker.
© 24hourcampfire