Home
Posted By: Buzzaw Best Factory Rifle .300 PRC - 11/03/20
Looking at this caliber for Texas Nilgai Hunts and hopefully elk. Not sure I want to go custom since the gun wont be shot a ton. Of course, I love tiny groups whatever I'm shooting. Looking to stay in the $2000 range. My choices now are

1. Christensen MPR
2. Bergara Premier Approach, new model with hinged floor plate.

If I decide on the tried and true .300 Win Mag, I would also add

3. Sako S20 Hunter
The Bergara Premier Approach is on my short list. I also prefer the floor plate model. Everything I have read about them has been very positive.
If I was looking for a factory .300 PRC I'd probably start and stop with the Havak Pro Hunter PH2. Here's one on GB that's under your $ range:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/882673184
Posted By: Fotis Re: Best Factory Rifle .300 PRC - 11/03/20
Bergara Premier Approach
Christensen Arms Mesa
Not a prc but my 300 wm shoots little bitty groups with Nosler factory ammo
Posted By: Sako76 Re: Best Factory Rifle .300 PRC - 11/03/20
Christensen Arms Traverse
Seekins PH2 would be my pick. I've seen 4 in different calibers but all shot .5 moa. I have a 6mm creedmoor and it's shot 1/4 inch groups many many times. All up it should be around 8-8.5lbs. The customer service (if needed) has been outstanding from all my research. There are a lot of great factory rifles these days and I would try and shoulder and handle as many as you can. About all of them will shoot plenty good for hunting.
Another vote for the Bergara Premier of your two choices. An even less expensive option that will still perform is the Bergara B14 Wilderness Ridge. I've got one in 7mm Rem Mag and its a sweetheart of a rifle.
Posted By: sns2 Re: Best Factory Rifle .300 PRC - 11/08/20
Originally Posted by Sako76
Christensen Arms Traverse

This. ^^^^^ My hunting partner has one in 6.5 prc and it is a wonderful quality hunting rifle.
Posted By: Paul4 Re: Best Factory Rifle .300 PRC - 11/08/20
I have the seekins Havak in 300 PRC and am very pleased with it. I liked it well enough to pick up the 280 ai that was offered here recently.
Weatherby has several cartridges that would work, including my favorites 340 Roy and 375 Roy. Jm
Originally Posted by John_McLaughlin
Weatherby has several cartridges that would work, including my favorites 340 Roy and 375 Roy. Jm

#nonsequitur
Posted By: Daveh Re: Best Factory Rifle .300 PRC - 11/09/20
For just a little more Alamo Precision will build you one. $2500
© 24hourcampfire