Home
was looking forward to it we need it, anybody want it or I'm I the only one! chim in all you remington shooters, how about it? lets do it!
okay let me start in I've a 35 rem in 141, a rem. 600 with a 24'' 243 take off barrel. a rem. 722 in 300 savage, stock has been heavily repaired. what do have?
Well..... I have a REM, Model Six.... 6mm REM &

a REM 700 BDL 7mm REM mag and Tikka T 3X 7mm REM mag

a REM Model 700 BDL ... 8mm REM Mag

Does that count ?

NONE are for sale.

Jerry

ps: I ain't ashamed.
BTW, I have a REM Model 591, 5mm RFM

Uh, I forgot. blush

That's surprising because I got IT to make the REM collection - 5mm 6mm 7mm & 8mm

I also have a 9mm and now a 10 mm 'Special', or 'Short'.....aka 40 SW grin

Jerry

Have three safes full, and I don't think I own one.
I have a 673 by far the coolest gun big green ever shat out of their dilapidated recall prone factories...
Funny thing..i just went to remingtons web site to check out a rifle and there is no more guns there..whats the deal with that?
Originally Posted by JonnyGumbo
Funny thing..i just went to remingtons web site to check out a rifle and there is no more guns there..whats the deal with that?

Have you been asleep for the last 10 years?
Yep..i know they filed for bankruptcy at some point but not much else..i didnt think they would actually shut down
7600 in 35 Whelen...that's it
Originally Posted by jwall

Uh, I forgot. blush

Hey, that one is cool!
Hey they will soon be collectible. LMFAO
I have a few, I like them.
picked up a mint blued 700 sa in 350 Rem Mag for $400, the Fudd who sold it had put a hideous pos junk rubber stock on it, I asked if he had the original and the moron had no idea what he did with it .... who tf puts on that rubber monstrosity on a rifle anyway ? but the blueing is 100% and I got a nice McMillan Game Stalker for it
Swamp,
That will be an excellent little carbine. What model is it? Barrel length?
sounds good boys keep em a coming
5 700s are 30-06, 7RM, 260 Rem, 308 and 6.5Jesus

2 M7s are 260 Rem

They all shoot well and I can’t complain. Newest one was bought in 2007 until I bought the 6.5 chassis rifle last year. Bought a lot of Howa and Savage in that timeframe along with ARs.
I really like my 541T and 541X, 700's, 870, 1100's, 11-87.........
7600 in .270 here.
Originally Posted by mooshoo
was looking forward to it we need it, anybody want it or I'm I the only one! chim in all you remington shooters, how about it? lets do it!

I guess you could say I like Remingtons so yes I'd like to see a Remington forum.

I have a few:
3 700 ADL's ---- 30-06, .308 & 6MM Remington
2 700 BDL's ---- .270 Winchester & 7MM Remington mag
4 760 ADL's ---- three 30-06 & a .35 Remington
1 760 BDL ---- .270 Winchester
1 7400 ADL ---- .308
1 597 ---- .22
1 581 ---- .22
1 552 BDL ---- .22
2 870's ---- 12 gauge
1 1100 ---- 12 gauge

I grew up on Remingtons, people can knock the company all they want, I've never had an issue with any Remington gun I own. I go to the company plant in Ilion when I visit Qtips cousin up in Hartwick, the museum is a sight to behold, really cool rifles and shotguns to see.
Soldinbankrupty. Workers let go. New owner says only that the Ilion factory will not reoped. New factory somewhere else with only about 200 employees expected. Hope it is not in China. Glad to see Marlin went to Sturm Ruger. That should be good for Marlin. Has to be better than remain. I have Rem 700s 721s, 722 and 7.
my favorites

Rem 700 LSS in 300 RUM
Ibanez Jem7

got rid of the silver eye sore Bushy Elite 4200 and it now has the Burris Veracity 3-15x on it
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by jwall

Uh, I forgot. blush

Hey, that one is cool!

Thanks Zone

I have shot it a few Xs and I have 4 (four) rounds for it.

The only reason I haven't bought any ammo for it, is that if I did I have to scope it and I'm not.

I have a 94M 22 RFM in the Win Cam stock. I like it and it takes care of all my RF needs.
I have a 6mm Rem for anything longer out or bigger.

Thnx Again

Jerry

ps: it's not for sale

Only one Remington in my safe. It’s a 700 BDL stainless SPS in 7mm-08. Not still factory pure because I had the barrel cut to 22 inches, a TriggerTech trigger installed, and it’s bedded in a McMillan Classic Edge. It is basically still a Remington, and shoots great. Believe I’ll keep it.
2-870, 1-1100, 1-Seven, 2-700-KS, 1-700 Ti, 4-700 BDL, 2-700 ADL, 1-Sptsman 78, 1-541X, most of the Classics, most of the early Mountain Rifles.

Yes, please with the Remington forum.
Originally Posted by Swamplord
my favorites

Rem 700 LSS in 300 RUM
Ibanez Jem7

got rid of the silver eye sore Bushy Elite 4200 and it now has the Burris Veracity 3-15x on it

DAmn what a beast! And amazing landscape. What bullet?
I was really hoping against hope the Remington shot shells would remain on the market. Now I’m dejected.
As a young person my parents bought me a Remington 700 BDL 7mm mag for Christmas. Shot really great but broken extractor. Replaced with sako type back in the day. Has a few Remington shotguns.

Ive moved onto left hand Ruger bolt actions, vintage leverguns, and a few single shots and havent looked back. The only Remington rifles i have that i feel are stellar is my old Model 8 and an old classic model 30. Now those were quality rifles made extremely well. I also hear the 14/141 series of pump rifles are quite good too.

Too bad Remington made crap stuff for too long. They also took down some other decent companies with them. Hope Ruger treats Marlin right and reintroduces the 39A and the 338 Marlin Xpress. Its a shame when these companies keep making cheaply made junk firearms and eveeything us for max profit. A good product, good service, and great marketing are needed not peddling of junk.
OEH

All I can say is, I bought Remington 700s from 1976 IIRC — 1995.

Also 760s & Model Sixes into the 90s. I still have a few 700s & 3 Sixes and
none of them ever had a problem. I’m hunting an 8mm RM some this season
so that one goes back to the 80s.

I don’t know when Rem ‘began’ to produce problematic rifles but I don’t have
one and have not had one.

That’s all I can say.

Jerry

ps: I forgot about the 870s, Nylon 66 , et.al. that I have.
Over three dozen across three decades.
Still have a 700, 760, 870 and 1100.
Nothing new interests me.

Not just in their brand either.

Have to say, im a user not collector. None of mine are fancy but they work well.
The 700, 760 and 870 are keepers.
© 24hourcampfire