Home
Posted By: hookeye Boyds heritage for L579? - 11/22/20
Thinking either the camo lam or the coyote lam.
The latter gives it a 60's vibe IMHO.
What say the fire?
Gonna hunt it
Posted By: Hiaring8 Re: Boyds heritage for L579? - 11/22/20
I have done two Boyd’s Prarie Hunters for my wife and daughter...Got them unfinished and did all the finish work and bedding myself...They finished nice and the girls like them. Ones a tikka 243, the other is a Howa 6 creedmoor.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Posted By: GRF Re: Boyds heritage for L579? - 11/22/20
Looks great Hairing!
Posted By: colodog Re: Boyds heritage for L579? - 11/22/20
I've done several Boyds stocks on Savage long and short actions and a couple 98 Mauser. They've been great.
The model names change every couple years but a higher cheek piece seems to fit better for ladies or if you've got a large objective scope mounted higher.
Most of mine have been the discontinued JRS or Classic (used to be called the Heritage) and I prefer them with some checkering as they're a little slick without.
Take a look at the Rapid Fire list at the bottom of the page, you might save a couple bucks on a stock that's already done and on the shelf.
Posted By: Hiaring8 Re: Boyds heritage for L579? - 11/25/20
I do a high gloss finish with true oil...takes about 2 weeks to finish then another 2 weeks to fully dry and cure but looks nice...just spend the extra time in the sanding and grain filling.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Boyds heritage for L579? - 12/02/20
Well this Covid quarantine is gonna gobble my play fund.
Looks like no new stock for a while.
I might end up dumping the Sako since my Ruger #1 shows promise.
Haven't sold my boat paddle 77mk yet either.
I agree on the play fund. It has mostly been used. Be Well, RZ.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Boyds heritage for L579? - 12/05/20
Yeah I was hoping to pounce on some cool stuff after Xmas, when folks have credit card bills.
The ol lady called tonight, she's been at her sisters..........who got exposed.
So might both be quarantined for a spell.

I told her to come over (her, not her sister) and we could get drunk and screw all weekend, get this BS over with.

Me going into quarantine twice.........a little too expensive
© 24hourcampfire