Home
Just wondering if anyone has had luck with the 100 grain .243 Hornady Interlocks in Tikka rifles or any other rifle with a 1-10 twist.
I’ve shot hundreds of them in a ten twist wby vanguard. Accurate, and a killer.
I have shot hundreds out of sako ten twist . awesome.
87 vmax is the heaviest I tried in the Tikka.
Lighter ones shot best so had no reason to go heavy.
80 TTSX hammer deer and never stop.
100 gr Sierra's have shot very well in both of my 10 twist tikkas
Thanks all. For those of you who have had success, was this with the BTSP interlocks or with the older flat based bullets?
You'll just have to try and see if your rifle likes them, but I've used both and have found easy and accurate loads with 1:10 twist rifles with either style of bullet.
I killed probably 150? deer with the 100-grain Interlocks from an old Model 700 6mm. Not sure what the twist was in that. I never have found a rifle that would not shoot an Interlock. The 129 in my go-to for my .260s. I burned out the 6mm and it became a .260.
Originally Posted by sbhooper
I killed probably 150? deer with the 100-grain Interlocks from an old Model 700 6mm. Not sure what the twist was in that. I never have found a rifle that would not shoot an Interlock. The 129 in my go-to for my .260s. I burned out the 6mm and it became a .260.

I think when Remington renamed the 244 Rem to the 6mm Rem in about '63 they changed the twist from a 1-12 to a 1-9 twist.
Excellent in my Model 70 pushfeed. Moderate loads with W-760 have put up many groups in the half to three quarter inch range-a few considerably better. I haven’t killed anything with that bullet, but I generally really like Interlocks on deer size game in larger calibers. I’m using these loads to teach my boys how to shoot, not really hunting yet. My experience is with the boat tails. YMMV.
© 24hourcampfire